GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Jerk , shaking, vibrating fx350

simpson110

Ready to race!
i spoke with mike at ringer racing today and he had some ideas on what could be causing the problem. he thinks that the stock bleed block with the restrictor may not be letting the fluid flow enough when it gets hot. he suggested installing a bleed block without the restrictor to see it it helps. i looked around and the only one i could find was the bleeder from ecs. so i bought that and should be here in a few days. if it doesnt help, oh well, not a major loss at $60.

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
i spoke with mike at ringer racing today and he had some ideas on what could be causing the problem. he thinks that the stock bleed block with the restrictor may not be letting the fluid flow enough when it gets hot. he suggested installing a bleed block without the restrictor to see it it helps. i looked around and the only one i could find was the bleeder from ecs. so i bought that and should be here in a few days. if it doesnt help, oh well, not a major loss at $60.

Interesting. I have the SB drop in disc and it feels the same way after driving an hour or so. And at least feedback will be sportier too. Let us know how it goes!

simpson110

Ready to race!
Interesting. I have the SB drop in disc and it feels the same way after driving an hour or so. And at least feedback will be sportier too. Let us know how it goes!

Will do, should have it Friday so I should have some feedback on whether it solved anything or not by the weekend.

simpson110

Ready to race!
Update on the clutch, I got the ecs bleed block and installed it today. Absolutely a nicer feel to the pedal, but the problem is still there. I'm going to keep looking into it. Maybe pull the tranny in the next week or two, see what the clutch looks like.

jjlambo85

its a grippy clutch, dont fight it. If you slip it then you will destroy it. just engage it faster and it will be fine.

most people overcompensate and slip it more so it doesnt chatter, then it fails and you see a ton of threads that ny clutch failed at xxxx miles

^This. Don't fight it, just be aggressive and drop it.

I have 5,000 miles on mine and it's starting to slip. Not too happy about it, and not sure it was a part of the bad batch of disks.

mikeyhandz

Ready to race!
it could be a faulty slave cylinder. buddy of mine had the same problem and made it extremely hard to drive. replaced it and Is smooth like new

Gino936

Ready to race!
it could be a faulty slave cylinder. buddy of mine had the same problem and made it extremely hard to drive. replaced it and Is smooth like new

I have an fx350 and single mass flywheel. I also have the chatter/shaking problem. I also had my slave cylinder fail completely (no clutch pressure, pedal on the floor). I had my slave and master cylinders replaced and still have this problem.

I do find that performing a quicker engagement revving slightly higher and releasing the clutch faster greatly lessens the probability of this happening. But that means slow, easy starts are out the window, which is annoying when people are in the car. I don't want to be racing off the line at every stop sign because I have too.