GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help! looking for maximum comfort under $1K

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys. havent posted here in awhile

In a random occurrence, I had installed a cheapo set of Ebay coilovers a couple years back. they've absolutely wrecked my car. rides like ass, and I want to replace them asap.

got a firm budget at $1K. please help!

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
side note, my stock suspension was stolen from my old apartment's, so not an option unfortunately

FF_animal

Ready to race!
From my reasearch since I'm in the market for coils also it seems bilsteins are the cheapest but most solid for price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pakman332

Ready to race!
I enjoy my ST coilovers. Probably not the most comfortable, but certainly not bad and they're under 1k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Stretch your budget a bit, if you can. For 1-200$ more you can get HPA SHS's. Contact them directly, see if you can get sale pricing or if they have an upcoming sale.

Comfort wise, these were very similar to Driver Gear springs. Much more comfortable than H&R Ultra Lows. Perfect for a daily driver on crappy roads. Nice drop, but can't go super low slammed. 24.5" FTG was max lowered on my mkv GTI.

Joveen

Ready to race!
BC Racing coils or MFactory bro. BC is $995 and if you go on moddedeuros use the coupon for the forum and you'll get $49 off I think. Comes with camber plates and endlinks. I think MFactory is the same just $200 more. Go BC tho.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
why not go with stock or DG springs and Koni FSD absorbers thatll be the most bang for buck comfy youll get I think

I cant find DG springs for my car, unfortunately. (2dr man) That was 100% my go-to with a set of Koni Yellows. Wish they didnt stop making them.

Joveen

Ready to race!
There you go bro.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
I honestly don't think I'd use this system to its maximum potential, as an amateur.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Grab some VWR springs and some stock struts or Koni Yellows. I liked my coilovers, but honestly the VWR's with stock struts was a better setup. Comfort was great and I never had to worry about messing with height settings or scraping on stuff.

Pakman332

Ready to race!
Grab some VWR springs and some stock struts or Koni Yellows. I liked my coilovers, but honestly the VWR's with stock struts was a better setup. Comfort was great and I never had to worry about messing with height settings or scraping on stuff.
Worrying about scraping is half the fun lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk