GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
So an update, on my situation.
I've talked with service manager about emission warranty for the sensor/radiator, and specified PZEV warranty and have shown him the sticker that's under my hood saying all the info about USA EPA and California emissions. I was told that it proves that the car conforms with these norms, but is not a PZEV-registered car, and should have been registered by VW. Thus my issue isn't covered by any warranty.
I have even reached out to my original dealership where I have bought the car, and got pretty much same info.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What a pain.. I'm tempted to just contact APR and just have them code this out as I'd rather pay my $50 to get an update to my software then deal with the dealership on this one.

artemk93

Ready to race!
What a pain.. I'm tempted to just contact APR and just have them code this out as I'd rather pay my $50 to get an update to my software then deal with the dealership on this one.
I don't think APR do any custom stuff like that.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
So an update, on my situation.
I've talked with service manager about emission warranty for the sensor/radiator, and specified PZEV warranty and have shown him the sticker that's under my hood saying all the info about USA EPA and California emissions. I was told that it proves that the car conforms with these norms, but is not a PZEV-registered car, and should have been registered by VW. Thus my issue isn't covered by any warranty.
I have even reached out to my original dealership where I have bought the car, and got pretty much same info.

so they confessed to making an operations error, failing to classify your car as a PZEV, and thus gets them off the hook for warranty work? I'd get the General Managers contact in formation from where you bought the car and explain this and ask for resolution. Otherwise, get everyone's contact information and file a complaint with VWOA.

there is no way you should be on the hook for this.

st1ckyGTI

Ready to race!

Do you mind sharing what mod friendly dealer you went to? Just had this code pop up this week along with the temp gauge rising and no A/C :(

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Do you mind sharing what mod friendly dealer you went to? Just had this code pop up this week along with the temp gauge rising and no A/C :(

PM sent :thumbsup:

st1ckyGTI

Ready to race!

Just wanted to update

I took my car to the dealer to have a look and yes, the code was for the Direct Ozone sensor on the radiator. Tech also noticed the radiator leaking a little. $900 later I have a new radiator and sensor installed.
Haven't got to drive it much, but I'll be sure to test it tomorrow as I'll be in Culver City working.

While at the dealer, I also had the water pump recall done, even though I hadn't had any water pump issues.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Someone else previously posted this but I can confirm. I left my CEL on for almost a week without resetting it and it finally went away on its own and has been gone for 4 days now. Fingers crossed it'll just stay gone.

Makes no sense but I'm tired of looking at it and not replacing my whole damn radiator for a sensor that doesn't do anything useful.

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Someone else previously posted this but I can confirm. I left my CEL on for almost a week without resetting it and it finally went away on its own and has been gone for 4 days now. Fingers crossed it'll just stay gone.

Makes no sense but I'm tired of looking at it and not replacing my whole damn radiator for a sensor that doesn't do anything useful.

:clap:
:iono: not the case for mine unfortunately

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
My car popped up with that code the other day, sensor went bad and my car is 1,000 miles out of cpo warranty, VW is covering the new radiator since they don't sell the fuck!ng sensor alone, I'm on the hook for the labor which fortunately is slightly discounted.

It is incredibly annoying to have a sensor fail that does nothing for me, I don't care about emissions in FL, it's more than frustrating to have to pay for anything surrounding this.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
My car popped up with the code again. Idk how it could be bad again, just replaced less than 6 weeks ago. Taking it back to the dealer that did the work tomorrow.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
This should be fully covered by dealership since this is part of emissions. That includes labor. I would follow up with VWOA for assistance if the dealership isn't covering this fully.
Also, yeah, I had mine "fixed" and the issue came back the following week. This is prior to an upgraded IC so there wasn't an issue of it being too tight in there. I think the sensor is just terribly weak and prone to failure. But could be an install issue too.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Still fighting this one as well. If I just leave the CEL it stays for 4-5 days and then disappears randomly for 4-5 days and then comes back. If I clear it, it comes back the next day. So I just deal with it and and off for now until someone figures out a path forward! What a pain!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Anyone else have any new insight into this? Mine went away for the winter but now that temps are creeping back up so is my CEL and car runs in open loop on and off (I think).

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I had mine coded out with eurodyne software. United Motorsports offers this option as well.

soul613

Just had the same error code. Went to an individual shop and they found a small leak in the radiator. Got it replaced. Then the car had an overheating problem... Diagnosed and found thermostat stuck. Water pump replaced at the dealer (fortunately VW covers the cost of this part, it's been the 3rd water pump though). I thought it's okay after that. But maybe 200 miles later, the P2568 code came back. Now it's the 4th day, the CEL went off. I will still go to the shop to check though. Will update if there is any new information.