GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Dumb question maybe, but why use IPA? I'm assuming it's alcohol? No damages with that to the paint?? Only asking since you got me all inspired to detail my car this weekend, but never heard of using IPA.

The car looks awesome btw!

My Tapatalk just loaded enough to be able to see your post. Polishes generally have oils in them. These oils mask holograms that you won’t see until after the fact. Also they will reduce the longevity of whatever protection you put on afterwards. It is recommended that you dilute to roughly 30% with distilled water. I just use bottled water. I get the stuff for free.

And thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just did a trans fluid change after 40K miles on the Peloquin LSD and the last 1,000 miles street tuning the big turbo on 25-30psi 4th gear WOT Eurodyne logs. Time to send the old trans fluid out to Blackstone Labs for some wear analysis.

Ummm, yes please. [emoji16]

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
"My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends." -- Janis Joplin

Added door stripe. Now it's racecar.

Also had timing chain tensioner replaced and cam girdle leak repaired, but RACECAR!

looks neat. I have something similar purchased but havent had time to install. hoping for one last warm day before the freezing hits so i can slap it on there.

Finally installed the upgraded dog one mount and continued working on the front splitter idea. Test fitted a cutout tonight and it fit quite well. A couple of little tweaks left before I have the shop finally CNC the final version.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Switched out the stock coils and plugs for the red tops, fixing my misfire issue.

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Tried to install some trailer light wiring last night... def got tripped up buy the PWM system on the tail lights when testing for volts at each wire.

Took apart the whole trunk area only to need to snap it all back sans install.... weak sauce.

Wrote to the company to see if they can provide some guidance.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
As I'm driving home last night, a headlight went out. To meijer after class tonight [emoji849][emoji849]. Don't let every bulb follow suit please ??????????????

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My Tapatalk just loaded enough to be able to see your post. Polishes generally have oils in them. These oils mask holograms that you won’t see until after the fact. Also they will reduce the longevity of whatever protection you put on afterwards. It is recommended that you dilute to roughly 30% with distilled water. I just use bottled water. I get the stuff for free.

And thank you.

Have you had a chance to try out Carpro Essence yet? It's a polish that remove light swirling when used with a microfiber cutting pad. I love the stuff. Rarely do I ever compound... its usually just a 1-step polish then sealed with either a sealant or a wax.

Carpro Reload (Sealant) seems to work well with Carpro Essence and no need to do an IPA wipedown as Essence preps the car to receive either Reload or their coating, CQuartz.

Just starting to get into detailing pretty heavily; love it so far

Phur

Autocross Champion
Have you had a chance to try out Carpro Essence yet? It's a polish that remove light swirling when used with a microfiber cutting pad. I love the stuff. Rarely do I ever compound... its usually just a 1-step polish then sealed with either a sealant or a wax.

Carpro Reload (Sealant) seems to work well with Carpro Essence and no need to do an IPA wipedown as Essence preps the car to receive either Reload or their coating, CQuartz.

Just starting to get into detailing pretty heavily; love it so far

I haven’t had the opportunity to try any of the Carpro stuff except for the Iron XLS. I got some Gtechniq C5 wheel armor in the mail yesterday. It’s a ceramic coating. So that is in my future. Jon from the Forensic Detailing channel highly recommended the stuff. That guy’s awesome.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Changed the oil today. Mobil 1 & a Mann oil filter. Such an easy car to change oil on. Now all my maintenance is up to snuff for winter.