GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What LED lights to upgrade to?

hillmaxwell

I have a 2013 Black TDI Golf... I am dying to replace the halogen lights to LED head and tail lights. Any suggestions? I was looking at the spyder brand, but I know nothing about these things. HELP!! I have seen some lights from people in the forums, But I want to buy it from a reputable company.?

What I want my car to look like... (photo attached)

What I was considering:
http://www.carid.com/2013-volkswagen-golf-taillights/spyder-led-tail-lights-264914.html
http://www.carid.com/2013-volkswagen-golf-headlights/spyder-projector-headlights-264153.html

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,562
Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
1. Depo LED tailights (black cherry) - from oneperfectdose group buy thread (see here) and oneperfectdose.com

2. Ed's gen 2 OEM style 15 led bi-xenon head lights - see here

Don't bother with any others.

Some would say get OEM lights of the above but that will cost a fortune. The reps are perfectly fine.

hillmaxwell

Any "plug and play" options? Those both require coding...... Also, VW only made LED lights an option for the GTI not for the standard/TDI 2013 golf. So they are all aftermarkets on the 2013s.

1. Depo LED tailights (black cherry) - from oneperfectdose group buy thread (see here) and oneperfectdose.com

2. Ed's gen 2 OEM style 15 led bi-xenon head lights - see here

Don't bother with any others.

Some would say get OEM lights of the above but that will cost a fortune. The reps are perfectly fine.

Av8rJake

Passed Driver's Ed
They are plug and play plus a little headlight mod with a metal wire. The only coding I needed was to code out the fog lights (i dont have any)

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Any "plug and play" options? Those both require coding...... Also, VW only made LED lights an option for the GTI not for the standard/TDI 2013 golf. So they are all aftermarkets on the 2013s.

Nope.
The depo tailights are plug and play. Don't need coding.

Here are some great plug and play headlights. Should actually go for these instead. They don't need coding either.

I don't understand the point of your second part. All led tailights are aftermarket in the US.
They are standard on the GTI, GTD and R for years in Europe. And an option for other golfs for past few years. The led tailights and headlights fit all mk6 variants.

Your welcome by the way

hillmaxwell

They are plug and play plus a little headlight mod with a metal wire. The only coding I needed was to code out the fog lights (i dont have any)

Did you take the fog lights out? I have the halogen fog lights now but I want to upgrade them to LED bars.

hillmaxwell

Thanks, I sent depo an email.

Nope.
The depo tailights are plug and play. Don't need coding.

Here are some great plug and play headlights. Should actually go for these instead. They don't need coding either.

I don't understand the point of your second part. All led tailights are aftermarket in the US.
They are standard on the GTI, GTD and R for years in Europe. And an option for other golfs for past few years. The led tailights and headlights fit all mk6 variants.

Your welcome by the way

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, I sent depo an email.

Well the guy who is selling them is oneperfectdose (I guess maybe you mean him). He is a cool guy and offers great service and support.

Also he is based in the Bay Area and I see you are in Sacremento. I am sure he would be willing to help you with installation or coding or anything if you wanted to go over to him to get them - rather than shipping.

hillmaxwell

Well the guy who is selling them is oneperfectdose (I guess maybe you mean him). He is a cool guy and offers great service and support.

Also he is based in the Bay Area and I see you are in Sacremento. I am sure he would be willing to help you with installation or coding or anything if you wanted to go over to him to get them - rather than shipping.

Yes, that is what I meant. I have someone who can install them but I don't have the lights for him to install :bonk: