GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Beluga Racing Catback Exhaust

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Jorsan, thank you for chiming in! Low key, I've been waiting for a WHILE!!! :)

As more details develop in this review, plz continue to voice your experiences, whether they agree with mine or not :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
one thing i notice. your clamps are missing the middle spacer which seals it properly.

This is how it should look.

the Beluga clamps super cheap:

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
one thing i notice. your clamps are missing the middle spacer which seals it properly.

This is how it should look.

the Beluga clamps super cheap:

Hmm, I think I might just go ahead and be proactive and replace them. Happen to have any particular sets you'd recommend? Save me research time :)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Crap :( Thanks for the heads up :clap:

I will check them when I get home!

well, i dont mean "missing" as in a hardware defect.. they just use cheap clamps. those might even work better honestly.. when you have that middle wedge, it can distort the pipe right at that point and cause a leak. honestly i can see your clamps working a bit better.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Hmm, I think I might just go ahead and be proactive and replace them. Happen to have any particular sets you'd recommend? Save me research time :)

naw i'd try them. i dont like the accuseal ones anyway, they have always distorted my pipes. maybe i can find a pic of one of mine somewhere.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
naw i'd try them. i dont like the accuseal ones anyway, they have always distorted my pipes. maybe i can find a pic of one of mine somewhere.

Yeah, okay I'll give em a shot. But if I feel like they are even just a little bit sketchy at all, I will replace before truly going live with the CBE.

Yes plz post pic if you can find them

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i went all the way back to my 2009 GTI pics, and found the exact pic I was thinking of. My Billyboat downpipe. See how the center wedge pushes in the pipe, thus making a leak point on each side of it. Since yours does not have that, it might work beter.

The #1 best choice of all would be band clamps. But they are pretty big and ugly too.

goose1

Ready to race!
I might pick this up just for the back piece and mate it to the front of the Magnaflow pending fitment of course.

sent via carrier potato

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
I might pick this up just for the back piece and mate it to the front of the Magnaflow pending fitment of course.

sent via carrier potato

That would be a fun little project, and you would have yourself a true "custom" exhaust! haha

Please keep us updated if you decide to do this :w00t:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! When are you planning on doing the install?

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion

Ohh haha. Tmrw for sure. Bright and early.. setting my alarm for 7am so I can have a nice cup of coffee then dive in.

I am also doing my brakes tmrw: Stoptech slotted rotors (front & rear, same as stock sizes), EBC Redstuff front pads, Hawk Street PErformance rear pads, Tyrol Sport SS lines, Tyrolsport caliper stiffening kit, and complete fluid change with ATE 200. :thumbup: