GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

so, if you had to do it all again, would you?

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Id probably get an AWD car but my mk6 has been a lot of fun with no real headaches at 54k. I did all my own work on my previous american made cars but Ive learned way more then I expected while working on this car. Would I do it again? Maybe. I really want AWD... Am I glad I decided to buy mine back when I did? Yes

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I would say yeah, only thing is I would probably want a base model thats cheaper. I Didnt really plan on modding my car and now Im like 4k deep

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yup, I might have done an rsr clutch instead of a smfw, but even that's not a big deal.

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
nope. I enjoy the car but it has caused me issues and even when I bought it it wasn't exactly what I wanted. With that being said I am goi g to continue to drive this for the next 5+ years.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
For sure. Glad I started with the base model considering I am at least 15k deep in extra stuff for this car.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
If I could do it all over again I would get the DSG model over the 6MT. A dealer even tried to talk me into a DSG model but I refused to even drive it. What a shame. Now that I'm stuck in heavy traffic every day for my commute... I want DSG lol.

Butttt its alright, I'm still going to keep this car till she dies. Still love shifting.

I also would try to get into a mk7 gti instead, only because the performance out of that thing is even more insane.

But all and all, I'm happy with my mk6 gti as she sits.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
yeah. Never had any issues that i can think of that weren't my fault or someone else. Cars run fine and performed as it should. The hatch provides me with plenty of room and ive had 5 people deep(including me) and for the most part everyone was comfortable.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Yes. This is a great car all and all.

AWD would be nice. I heavily considered the Golf R, but didn't want to deal with the headache of the FSI. Really wish the MK6R had the TSI.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
No I'd buy a mk7 Golf R, but I wouldn't know that without buying the mk6 gti. There is nothing wrong with it, and I don't regret buying it. There is a process of learning that you don't get unless you go through the motions. I'll probably never buy a fwd car for performance again. It will be a mk8 golf R with the new 5 cylinder for my next car. Don't honey dick me either VW. You put that new 5 cylinder in the mk8 golf R.

clownish

just clowning around
If I did it again the only thing I would change is going straight to a k04 or a BT instead of every single stage. Also some of my projects costed more than they should have, because of my own indecision.

But I would absolutely do everything again.

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes and no. It's treated me well the past 4 years , but after seeing the improvements on the Mk7's is30 turbo vs the ko3...it leaves me grinding my teeth thinking I should have held out and waited to get an MK7 R.

Overall I'd do it again.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i think i would.; only gripe is somewhat poor ride quality for how nice of a car it is. granted you get supreme handling in return.

Love the engine, trans, suspension (overall), looks, interior... the huge aftermarket support is great too. if i HAD to leave it stock i would get another car but for a moddable car this is perfect for me to tinker with