GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Grey GTI/Golf Thread

Wed-Wabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a couple pics with R sideskirts installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Those skirts look excellent! :thumbsup:

How difficult was it to mount/install the side skirts?
I'm looking to install mine in spring/summer as well.

Did the side skirt just mount right into the existing brackets that were there with the plastic rocker piece?

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Those skirts look excellent! [emoji106]

How difficult was it to mount/install the side skirts?
I'm looking to install mine in spring/summer as well.

Did the side skirt just mount right into the existing brackets that were there with the plastic rocker piece?
Install was simple. You actually don't need the existing brackets. The skirts mount with the 3 existing screws on the bottom and 1 on the front fender. A strip of 3M mounting tape goes along the top edge.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
may vary depending on the rep or OEM item you are using. ill hope that what i have shall suffice.
I have the oem skirts. It has a 1/2 inch groove along the top edge that accommodates the 1/2 inch tape perfectly.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have the oem skirts. It has a 1/2 inch groove along the top edge that accommodates the 1/2 inch tape perfectly.

and the reps that i have have a detatchable groove along the top that is bigger than 1/2". I am unsure if i will use it since half the mounting points are busted or on their way out.

I'll stand by my original comment with the caveat that the end user should measure and make up their own mind based upon how they intend to mount.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
^ not bad. Finally washed mine last weekend. Had plans on doing it today again but this rain

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's a picture I've posted before...just messing around in photoshop for the first time with some background blur. Trying to motivate myself to buy a prime lens.

jkdiver

I've been looking at these wheels on line. I must say they look really good on your car, better than I thought they would. I drive a CSG too...just might have to steal your look! Nice ride man.