GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI vs CIvic Si

VDubGtILINY

Though I would share my morning commute. On my way to work at 8am today I was driving fairly tame, as my new gti has only 500 miles and I have been breaking it in very caustiously, when some kid in a civic si pulls up next to me at a red light and starts revving his engine. In my younger years, I had a gsr integra, so I am no stranger to the world of rice, although I was fairly confident that I could shut this kid up, as we took off, against my better judgment in regards to the break in, I quickly ran through the first 3 gears and saw mr. civic falling further and further behind, I decided that was enough a abuse on my 3 week old baby, so i through on the hazards for a split second and returned to my normal driving style ( for break-in period anyway) as he continued as if he didn't realize that I had the far more competent vehicle.....Thought that may give some of you diehard GTI guys a little laughhh...

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Civic si's *facepalm* soo sad they think their fast but when i was stock i walked on them daily. Now that im stage one and they literally eat my shit... I dont even waste my gas on them anymore. Ive ran a 2009 SI k20 with heads, cams, bolt-ons and tune making 230whp and beat him by a lot When i was stage 1, intake & intercooler.*facepalm*

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
something funny happens to me now, before when i got this car i wanted to race everyone, now that i know ill beat them easily i dont even do it, i just see them floor it when it turns green and i start driving slowwwly, sometimes i think i should teach them a lesson but then i think, hmm a cop could be hiding ahead, not worth it

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
civic dyno chart

gti mk5 dyno chart-winner winner chicken dinner

VDubGtILINY

i think next time i'll just pretend i dont even see them.....waste of time and not worth the potential ticket...

willber

Ready to race!
Though I would share my morning commute. On my way to work at 8am today I was driving fairly tame, as my new gti has only 500 miles and I have been breaking it in very caustiously, when some kid in a civic si pulls up next to me at a red light and starts revving his engine. In my younger years, I had a gsr integra, so I am no stranger to the world of rice, although I was fairly confident that I could shut this kid up, as we took off, against my better judgment in regards to the break in, I quickly ran through the first 3 gears and saw mr. civic falling further and further behind, I decided that was enough a abuse on my 3 week old baby, so i through on the hazards for a split second and returned to my normal driving style ( for break-in period anyway) as he continued as if he didn't realize that I had the far more competent vehicle.....Thought that may give some of you diehard GTI guys a little laughhh...

i work in long island maybe one day i will run into your gti and see how fast it really is.

willber

Ready to race!
I ran a mk6 gti with exhuast not sure what else he had.It was white two dr with black rims.i think his plate said mk6gti.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
What's so special about a civic si? you have to mod the shit out of them before they are even "respectable" imo I consider them slow cars they have no "grunt" unless you rev the snot out of them and my sonata has more torque than they do lol. Only the turbo'd Civics look interesting to me other than that i say pass.....

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

^ this is a nice Civic but again it's extremely modded and how reliable is this car with a turbo?

willber

Ready to race!
What's so special about a civic si? you have to mod the shit out of them before they are even "respectable" imo I consider them slow cars they have no "grunt" unless you rev the snot out of them and my sonata has more torque than they do lol. Only the turbo'd Civics look interesting to me other than that i say pass.....

They make the same hp as your 2.0 liter 10.5 compression turbocharge cranking out 10-14 pounds of boost gti.So i guess your car is slow too.