Votes: 144 28.9%
  • United Gray

Votes: 49 9.8%
  • Candy White

Votes: 147 29.5%

• Total voters

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Sorry guys, when the poll was made blue was not an option. So that's why it's not up there.
When this poll was made 6th Jan blues were out. In fact when the mk6 came out a year ago I'm pretty sure they had a blue. ;)

daihard

Ready to race!
We need to add Shadow Blue as a choice. I believe it's a new colour, and that's my absolute favourite, closely followed by Tornado Red.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
When this poll was made 6th Jan blues were out. In fact when the mk6 came out a year ago I'm pretty sure they had a blue. ;)

When I made this poll I was looking at the brochure, which did not have Shadow Blue as an option. If you like that color the best, just vote for TR to make bubuski feel better :)

daihard

Ready to race!
When I made this poll I was looking at the brochure, which did not have Shadow Blue as an option. If you like that color the best, just vote for TR to make bubuski feel better :)

And to make myself feel better. :)

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion

Not in North America they didn't! Keith, you have to remember that most members here are from across the Atlantic from you.

If they had a blue I would have jumped on it so fast you couldn't say... well "Fast!"

fredf

Go Kart Champion
White vs Carbon

I am about to order a 2011 GTI and am trying to decide.
I've ruled out Black because it's just too hard to take care of.
I really like the Red but I think it doesn't show up the GTI red accents well.

In Canada, that leaves only the Candy White and Carbon left.
I think the car looks a bit drab in the Carbon. I think I would like the Candy White best but I'm a very practical guy. I understand the White is a bit easier to keep clean but I'm worried about the reports I see about rail rust or whatever the red rust spots are called. A lot of people report these spots that have to be clay barred out.

I should also note, that when I pull out of my driveway, there is shrubbery nearby that I often scrape up against. My current car has a lot of superficial 'scratches' (really just in the clear coat that I don't worry much about). I would like a colour that won't show these too much.

I want to enjoy driving and not cleaning my car. I don't want to have to worry about clay barring or brake dust or that kind of stuff.

So, simple question: which colour (Candy White or Carbon) will be easier to look after and look good for a longer period of time?

thanks for any advice

Last edited:

jman1

Passed Driver's Ed
fredf, I'm very happy with the Candy White. Looks great even when the car isn't super clean, which I think you won't get with the Carbon. Plus the white contrasts really well with the black pieces on the car...

I am about to order a 2011 GTI and am trying to decide.
I've ruled out Black because it's just too hard to take care of.
I really like the Red but I think it doesn't show up the GTI red accents well.

In Canada, that leaves only the Candy White and Carbon left.
I think the car looks a bit drab in the Carbon. I think I would like the Candy White best but I'm a very practical guy. I understand the White is a bit easier to keep clean but I'm worried about the reports I see about rail rust or whatever the red rust spots are called. A lot of people report these spots that have to be clay barred out.

I should also note, that when I pull out of my driveway, there is shrubbery nearby that I often scrape up against. My current car has a lot of superficial 'scratches' (really just in the clear coat that I don't worry much about). I would like a colour that won't show these too much.

I want to enjoy driving and not cleaning my car. I don't want to have to worry about clay barring or brake dust or that kind of stuff.

So, simple question: which colour (Candy White or Carbon) will be easier to look after and look good for a longer period of time?

thanks for any advice

fredf

Go Kart Champion
what about the 'rail dust' or whatever. have either of you had any problems with that? and minor scratches.... hidden well by the white?

Bender1

Banned
I haven't gotten my CW yet but never had rail dust issues in the past - it all depends on how close you live to industrial areas and how much time the car spends there. It seems to be a much bigger issue in Europe.

A bit of spray detailer/clay bar should solve the issue.

EWT

Passed Driver's Ed
Surprise Carbon is up there :p
but at end of the day it's all personal preferences

Pjai

Ready to race!
For white or black, u need to keep ur car very clean, weekly washes minimum.

If u want something tat looks gd while u can be lazy, carbon steel grey

fredf

Go Kart Champion
It's not so much that I want it to hide dirt--I don't wash my car often anyway.

It's that I want it to hide minor scratches and stuff like that.

and...one last concern: does the white tend to fade with age and look grey-ish or would the Candy White always be the same brilliant white?

Last edited:

jman1

Passed Driver's Ed
what about the 'rail dust' or whatever. have either of you had any problems with that? and minor scratches.... hidden well by the white?

Not noticed the rail dust in mine so far... and no scratches yet!

For white or black, u need to keep ur car very clean, weekly washes minimum.

If u want something tat looks gd while u can be lazy, carbon steel grey

I disagree with that... the white looks fine when it's not clean. The car I test drove in winter was carbon steel... it looked HORRIBLE with the road salt on it.