GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Supplier Program

Chucky

I am getting ready to purchase a new GTI and just found out that as a SCCA member I can use the VW Supplier Program to get the car at dealer cost. I was wondering if anyone else on this forum has used the program? On the VW web site they have a list of companies whose employees are eligible. I am surprised by the large number of companies listed. The only negative I can see in the fine print is dealers are not required to participate. I have purchased Mazdas under a similar type plan and it was easy. Chuck

Chucky

I checked my first Dealer today and they said they would participate in program. They had 5 GTIs in stock. This dealer is 120 miles from here so I am going to try one a little closer. Chuck

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I assume this means at invoice? You can do better, my friend...

Mark@CarolinaVW

VW Product Advisor
Better than what the dealer pays? Sure. If the dealer jacks up destination, or other fees. What the dealer pays is what they pay. "holdback" is minimal here folks.

Friends and family, maybe? Thats an option

Chucky

Update. Visited two dealers and one will sell GTI at invoice price per Supplier Program. The other will sell any VW model except the GTI at Program price. This last dealership has only been open for a couple months and does not seem to have its act together. Chuck

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Better then invoice, cash deal no trade. How? Chuck

I negotiated for ~400 below invoice even including all dealer fees just by contacting Internet sales departments and speaking to LOTS of dealers to see who would play ball. I did finance, but did not discuss that until after the price was agreed upon. I also offered a trade but they wouldn't beat carmax (who must have missed the leaking engine mounts and rear dif (which is why I didn't sell privately).

Check out zag.com too. I've posted more advice in other threads.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Better then invoice, cash deal no trade. How? Chuck

I negotiated for ~400 below invoice even including all dealer fees just by contacting Internet sales departments and speaking to LOTS of dealers to see who would play ball. I did finance, but did not discuss that until after the price was agreed upon. I also offered a trade but they wouldn't beat carmax (who must have missed the leaking engine mounts and rear dif (which is why I didn't sell privately).

Check out zag.com too. I've posted more advice in other threads.