GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying a GTi next week, have some questions

quarantine

Ready to race!
Hi all, I am hoping to join the VW family, by buying a VW Golf GTI next week.
I paid a visit to the dealer saw what is available but can't decide and would like your valued input.

Should I get leather or cloth seats? I am leaning towards cloth. it costs less, and I prefer the feel of it. what is your opinion? what color is best?
here are my options according to availability at the dealer.

Red exterior........ cloth interior
Silver exterior........cloth interior

carbon grey.........leather interior
black.................leather interior
white...............leather interior

thanks

quarantine

Ready to race!
another point I forgot to mention is, how could I tell the difference between the 2009 and 2010 models? thanks

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
another point I forgot to mention is, how could I tell the difference between the 2009 and 2010 models? thanks

Don't mean to be rude, but do a bit of research first, yeah? You shouldn't be thinking of plunking down 25k+ on a car without even reading up on it at all. All this has been gone over ad infinitum here and elsewhere.

As for Color and Cloth/Leather - that's a personal choice. The only thing I will note is that leather has nicer side bolsters than cloth, but you can only get it as part of a $2.7k package so it's pricey.

And for god's sake, don't just look at one dealer when shopping!

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
The dealer can get whatever you want. Its all about what you like and your budget. Shop around.

nyte3k

Ready to race!
If i'm not mistaken, the new GTI was available in europe for some time as a 2009 model, and it's only 2010 here.

If you want to see a design difference between a 2009 (MKV) and a 2010 (MKVI) look below:

2009 (MKV):

2010(MKVI):

quarantine

Ready to race!
If i'm not mistaken, the new GTI was available in europe for some time as a 2009 model, and it's only 2010 here.

If you want to see a design difference between a 2009 (MKV) and a 2010 (MKVI) look below:

2009 (MKV):

2010(MKVI):

that must be it then. I travel a lot for business to Switzerland, so I must've seen them there only.
As far as the interior goes. the MKVI is definitely better