GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE/Borla CATBACK questions

iBoost&Cream

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay cool. Ill defintely look more into it but your answer was really clear for me mah dude. thank you!

im either going to do that OR wait and see once eurojet comes out with their turboback system for the mk6. they didnt have it last i checked, but would def wanna hear it first. the real situation is... I NEED MORE MONEY haha

iBoost&Cream

Passed Driver's Ed
just received an email from someone at eurojet.. theyve created their prototype for the mk6 gti turboback and will be posting up videos of the product on their facebook page next month.. itll be on the market when spring rolls on by *bbm thumbs up*

A

Alex/AWE

iBoost&Cream,

Where in New Jersey are you from?

Have you considered coming to see our facility? We're located in Willow Grove PA, just 20 minutes north of Philadelphia.

We could give you a tour, show you what goes into our Mk6 Exhausts and let you hear what it sounds like on our GTI.

iBoost&Cream

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey how are you?

I live in North Jersey near Clifton/Belleville area. Not too far from your location, actually. I have heard of your venue through several people that I know who drive mk5's. im definetley interested to check out what you guys have, but Ill only be shopping around come spring time. Right now im just more focused up on keeping the cars exterior clean with these crazy snow storms lately :( *bbm thumbs down*

so once spring rolls on through.. ill throw you a message fersure. quick question, you guys install HIDs? i bought my mk6 with halogens (sadly) and i wanna now go 5k up top and 3k fogs. if so, you can just throw me a message on her as oppose to keeping this conversation going on this wall haha

THISFCKINGUY

Ready to race!
i know this was forever ago, but I'm looking for the best DP to match up with my borla cbe…any suggestions?

You are talkin about a eurojet midpipe right?

Borla is a direct fit with stock. I currently have it attached to a 42DD downpipe/mid (which also matches stock). This is going to sound repetative lol but if the eurojet mid matches up fine to stock catback it will not be a problem with the borla catback.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Need suggestion's I have only the AWE CBE. It's too quiet for me . Anyone ever heard of someone cutting the resonator off of it . Or any aftermarket CBE..is it a risky thing to do?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Need suggestion's I have only the AWE CBE. It's too quiet for me . Anyone ever heard of someone cutting the resonator off of it . Or any aftermarket CBE..is it a risky thing to do?

I had the magaflow CBE, it was too bassy for me so i swapped it for a vibrant resonator and it sounds whole loy better, it rumbles down low. But it does drone a little bit more than the magnaflow, so im adding another vibrant bottle resonator to my downpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
What does a vibrant resonator do vs just putting a pipe there ? I just want more volume out of the car before I result in just getting a DP . But I don't want to risk messing up the sound by altering an already aftermarket CBE

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
What does a vibrant resonator do vs just putting a pipe there ? I just want more volume out of the car before I result in just getting a DP . But I don't want to risk messing up the sound by altering an already aftermarket CBE

Then you should definitely get a DP it was make the AWE come alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Thats all I needed to hear! I'll be doing that right after my emissions test February 2018!!

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
I am in the market for a catback exhaust and i am looking between the

AWE catback system:

and

Borla Catback system:

Thanks to *****MK6 for the pic

now for each one i have a couple of questions:

1)How is the fit and finish of each system? (I.E. rubbing and rattles)

2) How is the install?

3) how is the low end torque and anyone notice performance lose? (I.E. do you lose the low end of our car?) im stock btw.

4) How is the customer service for each company (Personal experiences)

5) and your overall reviews on each please!

Thanks alot for your time Guys! :)

p.s. i dont like the sound of the APR but i know they are a great company...

Videos

AWE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14hFwO_Pe4Q&feature=player_embedded

Borla: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ixsi7p5CDo&feature=related

So what did you get?