GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to remove front door panel?

dwp2

Ready to race!
Has anybody ever removed a front door panel? I'm trying to get to a rattle.

I removed the bolt on the bottom of the door with an allen wrench and was able to pull the panel off it's clip near the front speaker.

Do I just need to pull hard on the panel to get it to pop off the remaining clips?

P

plac

Has anybody ever removed a front door panel? I'm trying to get to a rattle.

I removed the bolt on the bottom of the door with an allen wrench and was able to pull the panel off it's clip near the front speaker.

Do I just need to pull hard on the panel to get it to pop off the remaining clips?

no, theres more than 1 screw. never done a MK6 but i done MK5. Theres always a screw under the window controls/inner handle area.

McQueen77

Banned
let us know how this works out for you and post pics if you can. ive got a rattle/buzz behind my drivers side door handle that happens when accelerating in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear in between 1500 and 2000 rpm that is maddening..

dwp2

Ready to race!
I can't find any other exposed screws around the door panel.

McQueen77, I'm getting a "buzzing" rattle in 2nd and 3rd gear and when rolling to a stop. At first I thought it was near the speaker, but pushing on the handle while driving seems to have helped.

I just started noticing it after I had my tires rotated and alignment done. I'm hoping the front tires wear some, maybe that will help.

P

plac

thats cuz i already said its under the handle. feel free to just pull and see how that goes..

dwp2

Ready to race!
So thanks to the write-up, I was able to remove and re-install my door panel without any damage.

I didn't take any pictures, since the write-up was thorough enough.

I will add that of the 7 clips that plug into the frame, 4 were in the locked position. I found the easiest way to unlock them, was to use a flathead to pop them back up.

While I had the panel off, I drove around to make sure the sound wasn't coming from the door frame. I couldn't find any wrong with the panel either.

After re-installation though, the sound is gone, for now. Maybe it just needed to be reseated.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
While I had the panel off, I drove around to make sure the sound wasn't coming from the door frame. I couldn't find any wrong with the panel either.

After re-installation though, the sound is gone, for now. Maybe it just needed to be reseated.

I think you may have the same problem I currently have on mine. If I wedge a cap/tabogan in between the door and the dash (near the headlight switch), I don't notice any noise/creaks. My guess is that door panel is somehow not properly seated and it is pinching against the dash. The noise is evident on bumpy roads.