GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 07-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #827
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenGTI View Post
I don't want the 5153F I have it lol. Been using it since I started this review thread although I have been thinking of upgrading to your newest unit, I'll have to do some more research and maybe upgrade.

Sucks I bought their 7153 and then they released 7153A 3 months later lol. But I've been happy with it.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #828
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2014 Black GTI Wolfsburg DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Sucks I bought their 7153 and then they released 7153A 3 months later lol. But I've been happy with it.
THey are really quick with new revisions/versions of this headunit it's crazy
Old 07-13-2017, 11:25 PM   #829
EononCarDVD
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW Golf 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Hi Jaber, we have always valued the recommendations of each of our customers. We released the head units with 1GB RAM & Quad-Core earlier. After learning the needs of our different customers, our R&D department took great efforts to research and development. Nowadays we have 1GB RAM & Quad-Core, 2GB RAM & Quad-Core and 2GB RAM & Octa-Core for most of Android 6.0 car stereos. They are with different prices on sale and we offer different choices to meet the needs of different customers on the product. Hope you understand, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenGTI View Post
THey are really quick with new revisions/versions of this headunit it's crazy
Hi MeanGreenGTI, as we all know, Android system is updated so fast and frequently and the mobile phone was released with Android 8.0 version earlier in March this year.
But there are differences between the car stereo and mobile phone. We must ensure the stability and the compatibility between the car and head unit. Each time We found the great feature of the new Android system version and we always wish our customers can get it at the first time. Relatively speaking, Eonon car stereos are updated fast which are just shown the characteristic of Android system. Hope you understand, thanks!

Welcome to check our
Cool New Volkswagen Android 6.0 GA7153A with 2GB RAM, Octa-Core, 32GB ROM, more powerful and intelligent than ever!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #830
shawno
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf Mk5 R32
GA5153F update

I have a GA5153F head unit for nearly 2 years now. It's a great unit but has a few limitations - STORAGE is a major one for me

For the past couple of days I'm getting Google app failures more and more. Is there a latest firmware i can install? I'm running Build rk3188-eng4.4.4 27112015:12:49

Can the O/S be upgraded to 5 / 6 ?

Cheers
shawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #831
EononCarDVD
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW Golf 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno View Post
I have a GA5153F head unit for nearly 2 years now. It's a great unit but has a few limitations - STORAGE is a major one for me

For the past couple of days I'm getting Google app failures more and more. Is there a latest firmware i can install? I'm running Build rk3188-eng4.4.4 27112015:12:49

Can the O/S be upgraded to 5 / 6 ?

Cheers
Hi shawno, thanks for your message. We feel so sorry to tell you that it's not possible to upgrade the head unit GA5153F to the one with Android 5.1 or 6.0. However, you can consider on our new Android 6.0 GA7153A with 2GB RAM, Octa-Core & 32GB ROM. More details of Eonon GA7153A, please click here: http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS...S/GA7153A.html
Btw, could you please tell us your email, order no. or serial no. of your unit, or take a short video on the issue of Google app by email support@eonon.com? So we can help you better, thanks!

Welcome to check our
Cool New Volkswagen Android 6.0 GA7153A with 2GB RAM, Octa-Core, 32GB ROM, more powerful and intelligent than ever!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote