GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tjasko's Golf R Build

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Bilstein PSS-10 coilovers installed. Two words: holy shit. It rides significantly better than my previous setup (just Neuspeed race springs) and handling has been significantly improved. Totally worth the money... and the car is at the perfect height now as it's not scraping on my driveway! [emoji106]

I'm very excited to feel how it performs up in the canyons and on the track.

Are you going to get your ride corner weighted/balanced with the new coilover setup?

Coilovers, one of the best things I've don't to the car.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Are you going to get your ride corner weighted/balanced with the new coilover setup?

Coilovers, one of the best things I've don't to the car.

I had AU give me an alignment of course. However when I throw on PSS tires (just waiting to wear out my current ones), I'll bring it to West End have have them do their thing.

I'll be honest though, I don't fully understand corner weight/balancing (I'd have to Google it haha); I'm pretty new understanding the technicalities of suspension. :)

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I had AU give me an alignment of course. However when I throw on PSS tires (just waiting to wear out my current ones), I'll bring it to West End have have them do their thing.

I'll be honest though, I don't fully understand corner weight/balancing (I'd have to Google it haha); I'm pretty new understanding the technicalities of suspension. :)

Definitely get it corner balanced. Basically getting the same balance (weight) on the driver front as the passenger rear. If your cars diagonal weight is not (near) equal it will corner better in one direction opposed to the other.

Darrin will get you locked in. He's a MASTER at his craft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Definitely get it corner balanced. Basically getting the same balance (weight) on the driver front as the passenger rear. If your cars diagonal weight is not (near) equal it will corner better in one direction opposed to the other.

Darrin will get you locked in. He's a MASTER at his craft.

Ah, thanks for that explanation Anthony! That makes complete sense...

I've heard many good things around Darrin. Apparently he has a son who is also pretty damn good too. :)

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Ah, thanks for that explanation Anthony! That makes complete sense...

I've heard many good things around Darrin. Apparently he has a son who is also pretty damn good too. :)

Yeah, they're both very good. Though I would request Darrin if at all possible. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
EZ Lip sent me a free lip and I just put it on a few hours ago. I mainly put it on to cover up the scrape marks on the bottom of the bumper because I was pretty low with the Neuspeed race springs.

I personally don't think it looks ricey or anything. :)

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Tjasko's Stage 2+ Golf R Build

So I got another great benefit out of the intercooler. Not only did it make my car faster due to being an airflow restriction, I'm getting significantly better MPG as before I was getting ~16mpg city.

Keep in mind the R is rated at 19 city/27 highway, so this is pretty damn good. Lesson learned guys... if you're going to alter anything on the air system, it'll mess with your MPG if there's still a restriction. If I were to do this all over again, I'd start with the discharge side first and then upgrade the charge system. Very certain my intake, TBE exhaust, & turbo pipes did not help with this. Any yes, my exhaust is definitely a little louder than it was before...

My city MPG (short-shifting & babying the throttle):

Last edited:

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
love the build. dunno about that huge apr sticker but hey different strokes for different folks

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
love the build. dunno about that huge apr sticker but hey different strokes for different folks

Thanks man! Haha, that has a back story... Eurocode asked for my R to be on display at Fastivus last year and I kindly let them. I let them put on the decals. :)

However I love Eurocode and APR, so it suits me. Some people judge with me having it on, but it's not like I sticker-bombed the car lmfao

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
Thanks man! Haha, that has a back story... Eurocode asked for my R to be on display at Fastivus last year and I kindly let them. I let them put on the decals. :)

However I love Eurocode and APR, so it suits me. Some people judge with me having it on, but it's not like I sticker-bombed the car lmfao

hey man, free sticker lmao

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
hey man, free sticker lmao

Exactly :D - funny though, people really judge you with having decals at the front of your car. I've had many random people on sidewalks and such either flick me off or give me thumbs up. Guess the TBE doesn't help either lol

I've also had people move out of their lane while I'm approaching them. It's actually really convenient as some people just don't want to have anything to do with you. Like when taking a cruise up in the mountains...

The hatch however has zero decals on it because of cops...

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
Exactly :D - funny though, people really judge you with having decals at the front of your car. I've had many random people on sidewalks and such either flick me off or give me thumbs up. Guess the TBE doesn't help either lol

I've also had people move out of their lane while I'm approaching them. It's actually really convenient as some people just don't want to have anything to do with you. Like when taking a cruise up in the mountains...

The hatch however has zero decals on it because of cops...

makes sense haha. they see a beast coming they better move out the way. i've never been a fan of car stickers personally. 1 or 2 at the most i think is the limit before its looks ridiculous. i have none on mine, too pretty to do that to my sweet baby

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Tjasko's Stage 2+ Golf R Build

makes sense haha. they see a beast coming they better move out the way. i've never been a fan of car stickers personally. 1 or 2 at the most i think is the limit before its looks ridiculous. i have none on mine, too pretty to do that to my sweet baby

I've never been a fan of the typical decals that people have: bags, turbos, etc. I don't mind having a couple decals that promotes brands that are on the car. But yeah, I get it... there's definitely a fine line.

Last edited: