GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI stalling

mkcsg

Ready to race!
I picked my 11' up on the 9th with 20 miles. I have about 250 miles on it right now and so far it has done this about 5 times.One time it took me 3 trys to get it to run.But so far it has not done it in the last 100 miles or so.

ikerumba

What does it mean when you say that you are CERTAIN that VW has this problem on their radar? How do you know this?

When I called my VW dealer service dept, they stated they were not aware of the problem so do you think they are truly ignorant of the problem or just lying?

sethmark

Passed Driver's Ed
I know b/c I met with the regional rep over this very issue last month. He assured me that they were actively working to find a solution.

I don't know that they've solved it yet and have an answer available to service departments, as I'm not privy to any special info, but I'm confident that they'll get a handle on it.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
Hai....6 Speed Manual here.

Happened twice to me and I have 4k km on it. Don't remember the first time much but the second time was after I drove it for a while and let it sit there for a couple of hours.

Gave it a little gas and it was running fine.

TheoryGLI

Mine does it too quite often, I have taken it to the dealer and got the "couldn't replicate, make sure you put above 91 octane in" answer. Kind of pissed me off to say the least since I only use 93 octane.

Here is the video of it doing what it does, I am sure most of you will notice it is the exact same thing your car does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-GUyAjRbE

Skalto

I know this is an older thread

Sometimes, it's just bad gas.

I have done some research on this issue as well, This seems to be a common problem with a non broken in engine and non premium gas. I picked up my car brand new and noticed that it was running slow. They used regular octane, With my experience with turbos......to use regular is like choking your motor to death slowly...

The guy at the dealership said they put in regular, I had them buy me a tank of premium, I buy a car that can do.. ""Awesomeness"" Don't cripple me coming off the lot!

Just some thoughts.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Mine does it too quite often, I have taken it to the dealer and got the "couldn't replicate, make sure you put above 91 octane in" answer. Kind of pissed me off to say the least since I only use 93 octane.

Here is the video of it doing what it does, I am sure most of you will notice it is the exact same thing your car does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-GUyAjRbE

Hmm that isn't the problem. It isn't shuddering or about to die or die in that video.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I have done some research on this issue as well, This seems to be a common problem with a non broken in engine and non premium gas. I picked up my car brand new and noticed that it was running slow. They used regular octane, With my experience with turbos......to use regular is like choking your motor to death slowly...

The guy at the dealership said they put in regular, I had them buy me a tank of premium, I buy a car that can do.. ""Awesomeness"" Don't cripple me coming off the lot!

Just some thoughts.

Mine has 5500 miles, and is 6 months old. Has had this issue for 4-5 months and all I run is 93 octane. It's a issue with the car, question is what.

Skalto

Mine has 5500 miles, and is 6 months old. Has had this issue for 4-5 months and all I run is 93 octane. It's a issue with the car, question is what.

Wow, 4-5 months, ouch,
I agree with you there, "question is what"

This is an odd issue, Have you been able to replicate it to VW? Curious how they handled it.
Also did you see a pickup in the issue after your tune?

ikerumba

I posted earlier and have the same issues as all.

Today I drove out of my garage with no problems to the gym 5 minutes away. Parking in the 100+ degree Austin outside parking lot. Came out 45 minutes later after workout and had the no start issue. Almost felt like a dead battery or bad alternator, but this time with an error: "steering column lock error - call dealer" Pushed the start a second time and the car started fine.

Fordson

Ready to race!
I posted earlier and have the same issues as all.

Today I drove out of my garage with no problems to the gym 5 minutes away. Parking in the 100+ degree Austin outside parking lot. Came out 45 minutes later after workout and had the no start issue. Almost felt like a dead battery or bad alternator, but this time with an error: "steering column lock error - call dealer" Pushed the start a second time and the car started fine.

That's another issue - don't want to thread-jack, but there is an update to the KESSY steering-column lock (different column lock because of keyless), and if you are getting this error, contact the dealer - they will reflash the steering column module.

There is, however, another issue with this - I created a thread to deal with it:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=320662#post320662