GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Elite Motorsport Medford, NY

Just wanted to take a moment to give a very positive review to the guys at Elite Motorsport. I called them yesterday inquiring about the APR Sale Stage 1 flash and provided my vehicle information. There was a question of whether or not a 2012 could be bench flashed so we left it as they would contact APR to confirm before making me drive out there. Today I received the call that all was well and that I should bring her in today! Just got home and everything went completely smoothly. Didn't take long at all. I had APR before on my MKV and this time is exactly what I expected. Car feels amazing even before the adaptation people say takes a hundred miles or so. Couldn't be happier with both the guys at Elite (Kayihan in particular), and APR.

GO APR!

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the review, I'll probably end up going there for next summer's apr sale... to go from stock to k04 :)

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Glad you went there. They have a nice shop and great service. Stage 1 is fantastic, that's how the car should come from the factory.
Steve

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to take a moment to give a very positive review to the guys at Elite Motorsport. I called them yesterday inquiring about the APR Sale Stage 1 flash and provided my vehicle information. There was a question of whether or not a 2012 could be bench flashed so we left it as they would contact APR to confirm before making me drive out there. Today I received the call that all was well and that I should bring her in today! Just got home and everything went completely smoothly. Didn't take long at all. I had APR before on my MKV and this time is exactly what I expected. Car feels amazing even before the adaptation people say takes a hundred miles or so. Couldn't be happier with both the guys at Elite (Kayihan in particular), and APR.

GO APR!

hey bro im from lindenhurst and im around w.i alot XD im getting my stuff done at elite motorsports too as its one of the better looking facilties and its the closest. thanks for the review helped me alot :D

The two closest were platinum VW and elite. I actually talked to platinum first before I found out about elite and they were kinda dicks about it and told me flat out my entire engine and tranny warranty was void after the flash. Ha.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I asked platinum if they do apr and they said ofcourse them they ask me what car i have nd they said that they dont do flashes yet because some shit with warranty blah blahblah. I was gonna get the carbonio, stage 1 flash and r taillights all done at once And i hear this bullshit. Btw dont ever go to the new vw dealership on sunrise, i think its inbayshore or w.i. Talking to them is like talking to a fucking brick wall. They wanted to sell me the black autobahn 2011 they had, certified preowned, with a ripped off handle, poorly glued on, fucked up front bumper with 10k miles on it for 29 grand + tax. Got the same car brand new from habberstad vw for the same price . Wouldnt let them service mycar if i was u lol

I asked platinum if they do apr and they said ofcourse them they ask me what car i have nd they said that they dont do flashes yet because some shit with warranty blah blahblah. I was gonna get the carbonio, stage 1 flash and r taillights all done at once And i hear this bullshit. Btw dont ever go to the new vw dealership on sunrise, i think its inbayshore or w.i. Talking to them is like talking to a fucking brick wall. They wanted to sell me the black autobahn 2011 they had, certified preowned, with a ripped off handle, poorly glued on, fucked up front bumper with 10k miles on it for 29 grand + tax. Got the same car brand new from habberstad vw for the same price . Wouldnt let them service mycar if i was u lol

That's where I bought my car and I had no issues with them :iono:

DougDome

Go Kart Champion

I had a similar experience with Donaldson's. When I waled in there with the intention of leaving with a new car, not a single salesperson could be bothered to get off the butts to help me. The one that finally did was dumb as a box of rocks. I had a much better experience at Habberstad.

v6viking

Ready to race!
Had this done three weeks ago by Kai at Elite Motorsports in Medford, NY.

:thumbsup:

Power is significantly increased, but what's most noticable is the low/mid range torque. There's no need to downshift anymore, just a little more throttle in the 2-4k rpm range is all that is needed for daily driving.

I couldn't possibly go back to stock tune now, and am concerned that this will feed the addiction for speed. I'm trying to stick with only the additions made so far. (Stage 1 and Modshack Intake.)

I can't say how much the Modshack Intake compliments the APR Tune, but I sure do love the combo.

Anyone that may be on the fence...go for it!!

Arin: One of my primary deciding factors to go APR was your participation on the forums, and your willingness to resolve customer issues. You've showed that you're a stand up guy, and that was a big influence in my decision.

Also, a word about Elite: Kai was knowlegdable, professional, and was able to answer any questions that I had. I would definitely recommend their shop. http://elitemotorsport.net/

Exactly what sold me on APR back in my MKV days, very good customer service and interaction. Loving the tune, it's getting faster and smoother every day! Just threw in the BFI Stage 1 insert today. Perfect compromise between really solid and NVH. No vibes in D or driving and the reverse vibes are already starting to settle.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I had a similar experience with Donaldson's. When I waled in there with the intention of leaving with a new car, not a single salesperson could be bothered to get off the butts to help me. The one that finally did was dumb as a box of rocks. I had a much better experience at Habberstad.

I left donaldsons at least 5 times and they called kept telling me to come in that they have a deal for me, which was bullshit, they only try to get you to come so they can work on THEIR price which wont change much. Habberstad , found the only autobahn left on LI 2011 4 door exactly how i wanted it and there was no bullshit said or done

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
Just left this shop and got the newest update to the APR software (v 2.4). I was charged a full hour of labor (+$130) even though my car was already in the shop. I would recommend shopping around to see if you can get a better price. I know its Long Island and everything is a ripoff but that seems steep for what is basically plugging in a laptop. Just a heads up to the locals

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just left this shop and got the newest update to the APR software (v 2.4). I was charged a full hour of labor (+$130) even though my car was already in the shop. I would recommend shopping around to see if you can get a better price. I know its Long Island and everything is a ripoff but that seems steep for what is basically plugging in a laptop. Just a heads up to the locals
Not to defend them but some shops automatically charge 1 hour of labor regardless of how long it takes as a policy. This way there is no arguement from a customer about why one week a half hour job was half price and the next week it was 10 more (because it went a little over half an hour). So if they just charge one hour regardless there is no back and forth.

That being said a lot of shops will not charge for a flash update as your are already a previous customer.. just depends.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
when I got my revo tune, all I paid for was the software. If there was a $50 install fee or something I could live with that but I don't think I would pay for an hour of labor (whether my car was already there or not). I know a few people who have gone here and were happy and I know they do quality work but I contacted them last year to install springs and I was quoted at like $600 without the alignment. I wasn't paying that.