GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibrations in brake pedal

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
So last week I took my car for it's 30k service, and ever since then I feel a vibration in the brake pedal when I apply the brakes. I also feel it when I start the car and I'm sure the dealership is going to say something stupid because I have a CAI and try to blame that for it.
Batards I don't know what to do...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Stage 2 piping is rubbing on the brake lines. This is a common problem in aftermarket intakes.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 piping is rubbing on the brake lines. This is a common problem in aftermarket intakes.

+1

Stage 1 can do it too. Some stage 1 intakes (carbonio) sits lower than stock, pulling the flex down touching the brake line and causes vibrations.

Take it in. Don't see how they could say CAI could cause brake pedal vibration.

Stage 2 intakes pipe touches the brake line causing vibrations. It's very common! A little adjustment will get rid of it.

P

plac

I also feel it when I start the car and I'm sure the dealership is going to say something stupid because I have a CAI and try to blame that for it.

maybe because that IS the issue.......... :clap:

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
maybe because that IS the issue.......... :clap:

I had this issue for many months, I replaced the EVOMS intake back to stock, still vibrated. Replaced stock with APR, still vibrated. Eventually my brakes failed completely. Fun times.

mark986

Ready to race!
I had this issue for many months, I replaced the EVOMS intake back to stock, still vibrated. Replaced stock with APR, still vibrated. Eventually my brakes failed completely. Fun times.

Did yours vibrate when braking?

valj

Ready to race!
Same issue! Just installed my injen CAI

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Then fix it!

valj

Ready to race!
Thanks, guys!

will do.

What's strange is that it happens only when the car is still cold. After it warms up the vibrations disappear!

Brake lines shrink? :-D

P

plac

Thanks, guys!

will do.

What's strange is that it happens only when the car is still cold. After it warms up the vibrations disappear!

Brake lines shrink? :-D

no. your car shakes more on warmup, and also because the idle is higher for a bit.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I've been shipping out quite a few Bracket kits to solve the (similar) Carbonio problem...Sounds like you either need to re-fit the CAI or do a bracket up to keep it off the lines.

Mounts like this: