GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I got a GTI...

ken518

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome! you'll find a million ways to spend money on this forum =)

Go stage 1 and don't look back. You can also save some cash by waiting for the summer sales many tuners have. APR throws in a full loaded tune for $600. Revo usually does 15-20% off, so stage 1 can be had for as low as $300. Can't speak much about clutch options since I have DSG, but don't forget to swap to R8 coils. Stock coils usually fail after going stage 1, fortunately this is a cheap and easy mod.

I also have projector headlight reps from Eds with Morimoto ballasts. Had them for over six months and they've been reliable and one of my favorite mods. They perform great once they're aimed correctly.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i saw the damage pic and how was that deemed totaled? frame damage?

Anyway congrats on getting recovered and enjoy the gti, and this car is definitely not as fast as Z stock (unless previous owner tuned it), it just feels faster and it has a noise maker called soundaktor, which brings more noise into cabin.

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
1. Suspension to kill dat wheel gap. DG springs are a popular OEM-ish option.
2. LED Tail lights. There are rep options but I'm a snob and say OEM or go home (most will disagree).
3. R8 coilpacks are a must even if not tuning. All but eliminates the chance of misfires which are common on the stock coilpacks. These will run you about $75 and can install by hand in 5mins.

And most importantly, use google search to find all answers. Type golfmk6 forum and then your topic. Example: "golfmk6 forum LED tailights" and you'll get a hundred threads at least.

Enjoy.

czirrfb

Banned
I think the car looks beautiful as-is. I dont really wanna do any other mods besides -

-Coilovers
-APR Stage 1
-Intake/exhaust

That's it. But now it seems I need to add "New clutch" and "audi R8 coils" to that list.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Hit me up on Instagram if you want some sweet deals on Springs/exhaust components. Username: _mk6mike

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
I think the car looks beautiful as-is. I dont really wanna do any other mods besides -

-Coilovers
-APR Stage 1
-Intake/exhaust

That's it. But now it seems I need to add "New clutch" and "audi R8 coils" to that list.

Now the truth comes out... That's exactly how it begins, you better start saving. ;)

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
So, according to this video the R8 coils are more of a visual upgrade and there is no proof they are superior to stock gti coils. So why are these a "must" upgrade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXRVbifIaRE

My friend/VW tech told me the same thing. The R8 packs are no better than the stock coil packs. I am stage 2 and have not upgraded my coil packs. Although I have had 2 fail in a weeks time frame. I changed them both with stock packs that I keep in my car and have had no issues since a month ago when all that occured.

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
Speaking for myself here: I had two misfires with less than 20k on the clock on separate occasions. Have had R8's in for 10k miles now and not a single misfire. Call it voodoo if you want. I'm not tuned btw

Now if you read this forum enough you will read hundreds of other similar testimonials. Most people go Stage 1, get misfiring within a week and run to the forum screaming "Help!". They all upgrade to R8s and the misfires cease. Again...call it voodoo if you want.