GOLFMKV

MK7 R brakes on mk6 GTI

Mr ohnoez

Ready to race!
Need to know what I need,
Buddy with a MK7 R is planning to do a BBK on his car
I'm hoping to snag them and put them on my car
Would I need new brackets?
I'm sure the offset for the rims are different as well so fitment might be a minor issue.

Mr ohnoez

Ready to race!
Well I would but the other car is still attached at the moment...
I don't want to commit to buying them if I cant use them
He's giving me Calipers Lines brackets rotors and all
Not sure if I would have to change the master cylinder? would it flip out the ABS?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Well I would but the other car is still attached at the moment...
I don't want to commit to buying them if I cant use them
He's giving me Calipers Lines brackets rotors and all
Not sure if I would have to change the master cylinder? would it flip out the ABS?
Not alot of us have put the mk7 R brakes on mk6. as far as I know, the TTRS fits both mk6/mk7 with no modification so it should be a problem for the other way-round. Just wait until he gets them off then test fit it on your car, thats the best way to find out.

But like I said they are the same as mk6 R brakes, so they should fit.

Icer Jo

Ready to race!
Not alot of us have put the mk7 R brakes on mk6. as far as I know, the TTRS fits both mk6/mk7 with no modification so it should be a problem for the other way-round. Just wait until he gets them off then test fit it on your car, thats the best way to find out.

But like I said they are the same as mk6 R brakes, so they should fit.

They should fit with little to no problems one of the main differences is that the Rotor is 340mm vs 345mm which is minor/significant difference. Best bet is to test fit, and see how it bolts up.

Mr ohnoez

Ready to race!
Well Rotors will be included most likely as well But yeah Gotta wait till his BBK comes in before I get my almighty sexified brake kit

Thanks for the help.

Betogli

Ready to race!
I think you'll be fine, I would just buy a pair of new VW Golf R MKVI's front dust shields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk