GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

tBass84

Ready to race!
Does anyone have the part number for the Bosch Double Platinum spark plugs that fit the 2.5L?! Any websites would be awesome!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
Does anyone have the part number for the Bosch Double Platinum spark plugs that fit the 2.5L?! Any websites would be awesome!

Cheers!

I believe it is Bosch FR6KPP332S — jotted that down when I was buying some a while back.

tBass84

Ready to race!
I believe it is Bosch FR6KPP332S — jotted that down when I was buying some a while back.

Awesome thank you! The one I came across is this part number FR7KPP33U+

Neither show as an option for the 2.5... Any issues you've run into?!

And where did you get them from? lol

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!
Awesome thank you! The one I came across is this part number FR7KPP33U+

Neither show as an option for the 2.5... Any issues you've run into?!

And where did you get them from? lol

I got mine during a 40k? or 60k? tune-up package from ECS Tuning. Included a package that had a set of 5 spark plugs rather than buying 5 individually.

tBass84

Ready to race!
I got mine during a 40k? or 60k? tune-up package from ECS Tuning. Included a package that had a set of 5 spark plugs rather than buying 5 individually.

Sweet, I saw that set! Yeah they seem to work in our 2.5s but aren't marked by Bosch for this engine.

Chatted with a guy at ECS and one of the guys is running them.

I'm gonna give the OEM plugswith the R8 coils a try I think [emoji3]

davserbic

Ready to race!
Sweet, I saw that set! Yeah they seem to work in our 2.5s but aren't marked by Bosch for this engine.

Chatted with a guy at ECS and one of the guys is running them.

I'm gonna give the OEM plugswith the R8 coils a try I think [emoji3]

Excellent choice sir!

davserbic

Ready to race!
When I sat in the car, I was immediately curious to see if there was a difference in performance as well. Sadly, I didn't notice any significant performance boosts -- I feel like the only thing that changed was the start-up which seems like its quicker and smoother.

Mind you, I did not install any upgraded coil packs. Im curious if the packs will make a significant difference or not. I guess I'll wait until I get an opinion on from you.

tBass84

Ready to race!
When I sat in the car, I was immediately curious to see if there was a difference in performance as well. Sadly, I didn't notice any significant performance boosts -- I feel like the only thing that changed was the start-up which seems like its quicker and smoother.

Mind you, I did not install any upgraded coil packs. Im curious if the packs will make a significant difference or not. I guess I'll wait until I get an opinion on from you.

Yeah, I got some slight idle inconsistencies which I'm hoping to eliminate with the upgrade.

It definitely would be nice to have some improvements on the start up as well. Since I got the cat back on, the start up is not quite as smooth.

I'll keep you posted! Post a full size image of your car, always looking for new ideas [emoji3]

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
You won't get any noticeable "performance" boost from spark plugs and r8 coil packs however like you guys stated start up will be faster and smoother, and idle will definitely smooth out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
You won't get any noticeable "performance" boost from spark plugs and r8 coil packs however like you guys stated start up will be faster and smoother, and idle will definitely smooth out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Still rocking that crazy custom interior?