GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock to HPA K04 w/E85

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone,

Picked up my first GTI recently.
a8f95874a3de8924a6590ab9677c7b77.png
To make this short it ended up needing a new engine. There is a thread in the maintenance section on everything if anyone would like to find out more.

The following is going to be done in addition to the brand new engine.
Can't wait to get it back, should make for a fun daily. I'll update the thread with more when the time comes.

• HPA Hybrid K04 Turbo kit w/ GFB DV+
  • Catless 3" Downpipe w/ o2 spacer
  • Catback Exhaust
  • Cobb Big SF Intake
  • Cobb V3 AP w/Stratified Pro-Tune for E30 mix and pump 93
  • R8 Coils and NGK Spark Plugs
  • All Fluids changed to Motul
  • Rotors, Pads, and Wheel Bearings (courtesy of the Dealer)

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
nice! turbos and e85 go together like peas and carrots.

what are you doing to the physical fuel system though?

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the car back earlier this week. So far so good, the car feels great.

I put a hundred miles or so on it and did the logs for Alex at Stratified. Just waiting on him to get back to me with revisions/fine tune the car on 93...Then onto E85 Mix :)

Will upload some pictures/videos when I get a chance.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Dasteknoviking

Ready to race!
I ran E85 tune on my stock IHI turbo, but in all honesty there is no more power left in a K04 TSi. She's maxed out on 93/100 octane fuel. You also might be hitting your torque limiter on a stock Dsg trans.

I have a 09 SportWagen 2.0T TSi CCTA with charge pipes, CTS turbo K04 kit, CTS turbo DV (GFB I did not like), Jetex 3" exhaust with a 200 cell cat and 42DD spacer. Forge Twintake and Neuspeed front mount intercooler. I have issues with hitting my torque limiter on the Dsg. I would recommend getting a tune for it. I'm going with United Motorsport for that. I run a DriverMotorsport engine tune (I think they are out of business now). Car puts down some very serious power, looking at my MAF sensor g/s she should be making in the area of 350-355whp. I run 29psi of boost daily, have been for the last 45k miles.

Unfortunately Cobb doesn't make a tuner for the mkv. But that's OK, Maestro is boss if I choose that route when I do internals and a large frame turbo

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
Soft in what sense. What kinda boost you trying to push? Should certainly hold 23psi at least.
The wastegate is soft based on multiple logs. The boost is not consistent. Tuner's advice is always the best imo.

I'm excited for you and this car. I'm in Rochester too, hope to see this on the road!
Thanks! See you around

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Turbo needs to get pulled to install the wastegate :mad:
It's a real love and hate relationship with this car right now.

Dasteknoviking

Ready to race!
Well if you have small hands and access to a lift Forge wastegate can be installed on a TSi with a K04. I loosened all my bolts, and then ran out of time and put it back on. I ended up selling that actuator, new in a box. I heard from my tuner that it was a mofo to tune it right and it was a waste of my time and money.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh upgrated wastegate or oem replacement?
It's a Forge K04 Wastegate with the yellow spring (10-15psi)

Well if you have small hands and access to a lift Forge wastegate can be installed on a TSi with a K04. I loosened all my bolts, and then ran out of time and put it back on. I ended up selling that actuator, new in a box. I heard from my tuner that it was a mofo to tune it right and it was a waste of my time and money.
Yep neither myself or the guy at the shop have small hands. Were bigger guys.

Upgrading a wastegate on any car isn't a bad idea if the one on their isn't working. Not sure how it would be difficult to tune, can you explain? Who is the tuner?

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
The Forge wastegate has been installed. Sent a few more thirds gear logs over to Stratified. Time to wait and see if it did anything..