:)

Attachments

• c8055ac7c7bdfd25039a886f3a47eb11.jpg
    c8055ac7c7bdfd25039a886f3a47eb11.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
Heading to the dyno next Friday to finish up the tune on E30/93. Opted to pay Alex for extra dyno time because i'm trying to go to the track this season and tuning two fuels over a 6-8 month period just isn't going to work for me. Alex knows his stuff but I'm not a fan of the process, nothing against him or Stratified the car drives/performs great.

Anyway I will update with Dyno info once it's finished.

If anyone is interested in buying a GTR mine is for sale: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/715903098/overview/

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
Delete this too because i'm done with these forums. Not a supporter of Censorship and never will be.

The story is elsewhere. After what happened today Stratified Auto proved to be the worst tuner/shop i've ever dealt with. If you are on Cobb go to a local pro tuner. Do not buy a pro-tune over the internet. Your time and money will be wasted.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Delete this too because i'm done with these forums. Not a supporter of Censorship and never will be.

The story is elsewhere. After what happened today Stratified Auto proved to be the worst tuner/shop i've ever dealt with. If you are on Cobb go to a local pro tuner. Do not buy a pro-tune over the internet. Your time and money will be wasted.
Read your thread b4 removed. Sorry to hear that. Protune customer service is hit or miss. Have had issues with eurodyne as well along the way. I hope you get what you want out of your car. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

Dan, I have written this to you via email and will post it here as well:

Hi Dan, while I understand you may be upset about the tune not being completed today, please keep in mind that without datalogs from the vehicle I can’t make any tuning changes. I asked for a datalog when I sent you the instructions for the dyno prior to you getting there. I also asked for them over the phone when we talked. Nothing was sent to me. I am not quite certain what happened during the 3 hours that you were on the dyno, but I was certainly not sent any information that would allow me to tune the car.

Furthermore, the remote dyno session was something that I agreed to due to the difficulties you had getting datalogs when depressing the accelerator past the pedal detent and the car automatically downshifting. This was after we already went through several tune iterations. This was done in order to help you out at no extra charge, as the e-tune you purchased does not include live dyno tuning.

We have more than fulfilled all the requirements of our e-tune process but unfortunately you were not able to carry out the process and provide me with the data needed to tune the car in spite of me sending you clear instructions.

I have even contacted the dyno operator you were using asking what happened during the 3 hours you were on there such that no datalogs were performed or sent my way. He did not reply. When I asked you the same over the phone, you hung up on me.

I am at a loss as to what I could have done here to help the situation further. However as I mentioned via email I am happy to continue tuning your car if you’re able to provide me with some single gear pull datalogs.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

You didn’t post a story. You posted “Stratified is the worst WTF”or something to that effect. The vendor feedback forum isn’t for bashing vendors, it’s for providing feedback from an experience. This can be positive or negative, but the details must be provided. This requires you to tell your experience in a respectful manner, which you did not. This isn’t a FB bro group. It’s a moderated public forum and it has rules. Sounds like you didn’t do your part to get your remote dyno tune completed. If that’s not the case then please by all means tell your side.

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
You didn’t post a story. You posted “Stratified is the worst WTF”or something to that effect. The vendor feedback forum isn’t for bashing vendors, it’s for providing feedback from an experience. This can be positive or negative, but the details must be provided. This requires you to tell your experience in a respectful manner, which you did not. This isn’t a FB bro group. It’s a moderated public forum and it has rules. Sounds like you didn’t do your part to get your remote dyno tune completed. If that’s not the case then please by all means tell your side.

Yes. I deleted it. It was just bashing with no context or details. Provide details in a respectful manner and it won’t get deleted.

1. I did. You deleted it.

2. I posted " E-tuning Live session disaster: Stratified WTF" Next time i'll leave WTF out since it's too much for some.

3. I'm not sure how being honest about an absolute terrible experience with a Tuner is considered bashing. No cursing was used besides 'WTF' in the title. Instead it was a very detailed timeline with proof, you must have missed that. I posted a second time asking why the thread was deleted and included that i would update on the situation once i received a PM from a moderator. Instead of sending a pm with what you saw wrong in the post or what rule was broken you deleted that as well. You could have handled that much better but instead you wait to post here ?? :iono:

4. The claim we didn't do our part is ridiculous to the shop and myself. He also says "This was after we already went through several tune iterations." There must be a mistake because it took 4 months to send 3 iterations for pump 93. That is why i setup the live session so it wouldn't take a year to get the tune finished. Not because i was having issues with the throttle. In addition to that he claims we did not schedule a live session etc. This will set the record straight on that.

3c386c2e5386859d015a076c9c93cd18.png
bd928fa2766b20143c714133a070134f.png
23d23762c8cb6ec65bea41fe662b8da3.png

Anyway the car was strapped down well before 12pm PST (3pm EST) We tried to establish contact with Alex via FB/Email/Phone for over 45 minutes past the scheduled time, at this point we had no clue what the deal was. We were having issues hitting a torque limiter so we needed his assistance. Once we finally got him on the phone he said he didn't get the messages even though we saw he read them.. Anyway he told us to try a different gear and hung up. So tried that but same issue, we tried to contact him again and another 30-45 minutes go by, keep in mind this was setup as a LIVE session even though Alex denies that. At a point the tuner and myself were sick of dealing with him wondering why he is not helping us live via skype, phone, or FB Messenger. So we call it off. Not once did he tell us to send a log of the issue. Just send a log and a pic of the dyno first thing. In 3+ hours we ended up doing a few base pulls to around 4800-5000rpm where we hit the limiter. Dyno rental wasted because the e-tuner skipped out. (There is a good bit missing trying to keep it short and sweet, too bad the thread was deleted with a detailed timeline/proof)

5. I hung up on Alex after he responded to me asking for a refund with "I can't give you a partial refund, feel free to dispute" So with that I'll let Paypal do it's thing or he can send a refund.

Not sure why this went the way it did, I really tried to work with him but he was too busy apparently. It is what it is.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
1. I did. You deleted it.

2. I posted " E-tuning Live session disaster: Stratified WTF" Next time i'll leave WTF out since it's too much for some.

3. I'm not sure how being honest about an absolute terrible experience with a Tuner is considered bashing. No cursing was used besides 'WTF' in the title. Instead it was a very detailed timeline with proof, you must have missed that. I posted a second time asking why the thread was deleted and included that i would update on the situation once i received a PM from a moderator. Instead of sending a pm with what you saw wrong in the post or what rule was broken you deleted that as well. You could have handled that much better but instead you wait to post here ?? :iono:

4. The claim we didn't do our part is ridiculous to the shop and myself. He also says "This was after we already went through several tune iterations." There must be a mistake because it took 4 months to send 3 iterations for pump 93. That is why i setup the live session so it wouldn't take a year to get the tune finished. Not because i was having issues with the throttle. In addition to that he claims we did not schedule a live session etc. This will set the record straight on that.

View attachment 56374
View attachment 56375
View attachment 56376

Anyway the car was strapped down well before 12pm PST (3pm EST) We tried to establish contact with Alex via FB/Email/Phone for over 45 minutes past the scheduled time, at this point we had no clue what the deal was. We were having issues hitting a torque limiter so we needed his assistance. Once we finally got him on the phone he said he didn't get the messages even though we saw he read them.. Anyway he told us to try a different gear and hung up. So tried that but same issue, we tried to contact him again and another 30-45 minutes go by, keep in mind this was setup as a LIVE session even though Alex denies that. At a point the tuner and myself were sick of dealing with him wondering why he is not helping us live via skype, phone, or FB Messenger. So we call it off. Not once did he tell us to send a log of the issue. Just send a log and a pic of the dyno first thing. In 3+ hours we ended up doing a few base pulls to around 4800-5000rpm where we hit the limiter. Dyno rental wasted because the e-tuner skipped out. (There is a good bit missing trying to keep it short and sweet, too bad the thread was deleted with a detailed timeline/proof)

5. I hung up on Alex after he responded to me asking for a refund with "I can't give you a partial refund, feel free to dispute" So with that I'll let Paypal do it's thing or he can send a refund.

Not sure why this went the way it did, I really tried to work with him but he was too busy apparently. It is what it is.

Dan, you and the dyno operator did not, in those 3 hours send me a SINGLE datalog of any pulls.

You mentioned you did some base pulls, why did you not send me any data? There is something missing here from this story that I am not privy to. I don't think it's sensible to sit on the dyno for 3 hours and not provide me with any data from which to tune the car. Berg is a certified COBB tuner you said, I am sure he knew how to operate a COBB Accessport and provide data.

I even asked him directly about what happened? No reply.

I am not here to insinuate on what happened during those 3 hours of dyno time during which I stood by waiting for a datalog.

Whatever it was, certainly did not involve me. Getting an angry phone call and hang up after that time period and asking for your money back for an e-tune that did not include or even charge for any live dyno tuning is not something that is reasonable.

Attachments

• Dan operator.JPG
    Dan operator.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 573

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
"Dan, you and the dyno operator did not, in those 3 hours send me a SINGLE datalog of any pulls.

Me- As stated we tried to contact you but you were no where to be found. The car was having issues, please re-read the first post.

You mentioned you did some base pulls, why did you not send me any data?
Re-Read the first post please.

There is something missing here from this story that I am not privy to. I don't think it's sensible to sit on the dyno for 3 hours and not provide me with any data from which to tune the car. Berg is a certified COBB tuner you said, I am sure he knew how to operate a COBB Accessport and provide data.

Me- I don't believe there is anything missing. It's not sensible to setup a live session with a customer a week ahead of time and then skip out on them when the day comes. I let you know the goals ahead of time and have been working with you for months. The live session was setup over a week in advance and was confirmed more than once with via email. Ultimately you did not follow through on your end because you couldn't answer us for some reason after multiple attempts over the course of 3 hours

I even asked him directly about what happened? No reply.

I am not here to insinuate on what happened during those 3 hours of dyno time during which I stood by waiting for a datalog.

Me- You did not stand by. It took over 40 minutes past the scheduled time to get you to respond. Should have been on skype/phone/or FB message right at 3pm PST as discussed. I'm not sure how you can blame the tuner and myself when the car was strapped down well before 3pm and we were ready to go. Here is his response.

2.png

Whatever it was, certainly did not involve me. Getting an angry phone call and hang up after that time period and asking for your money back for an e-tune that did not include or even charge for any live dyno tuning is not something that is reasonable."

Me- I was polite on the phone asking why you were not live and what the problem was. Explained the day was wasted and told you i was not happy with how things went. When I asked for an explanation you did not provide one, at that point I asked for a partial refund and you told me "I cannot give you a refund feel free to dispute" So I hung up, there was no reason to keep talking with that being stated. Never cursed at you or rose my voice. Kept it professional.

You keep denying setting this up as a live session and charging extra but it's in writing and posted above, but i'll add it here again. I still don't understand what the issue here is.

3c386c2e5386859d015a076c9c93cd18.png

Me- Things didn't work out, it is what it is. I'm not sure why you can't give the partial refund based on how things went, in addition to the fact it's been over four months and the car is on the third iteration for pump 93.

I really wanted to have a Stratified tune on the car but after all this i'm no longer interested. Hopefully we can resolve this in a professional manner. Feel free to contact me via Paypal. I will not be using these forums any longer. Thanks