GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Godspeed/eBay Catback Exhaust

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
get a new coupler from ebay. Mine started to leak after replacing the stock exhaust setup

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered the one you listed earlier in the thread

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360897511153

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Exhaust showed up over the weekend, but new coupler isn’t here yet. Should I have ordered more than one of the clamps? Mine came in 3 pieces. Muffler section, y portion with one exhaust tip, and other exhaust tip slips onto the y portion

Last edited:

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Install was attempted last night with 2 buddies (there for moral support)

Stupid me did not dry fit first before trying to put on the car. Turns out one of the slip joint ends got damaged in shipping and one of the "slip" fits was no longer round and had a flat spot and ovaled. I didn't catch it within the window to file a claim with the shipping company, so the reear portion of the exhaust didn't slide all the way together.

Temp fixed it with some exhaust tape and then clamped. I'll end up having to take it to a shop to have them properly fix it.

Sound is PERFECT! Not loud enough to bother the neighbors but enough to know it's not stock anymore. (however i REALLY liked the sound it makes with open downpipe. . . . . has me looking into getting an exhaust cutout for giggles)

just that one clamp is fine.

If you don't want to use a ziptie, order this to keep the rear section from moving.

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Split...ents=p_bore_diameter_derived-vebin:0.5+inches

I ordered the split ring varient from ebay, but wasn't able to use them as i'd have to cut the ends off the hangers for it to clear. Should have ordered the half circles

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
The split collar ring is much better than your typical ziptie. When I had that exhaust system, it would shift a bit after driving and bug the shit out of me (prior to the S/C ring addition).

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
I used a hose clamp (had an assorted mix from harbor freight) that fit the hanger diameter perfectly. Not as pretty as a split ring, but it does the job for now.

DJBOMBERTO

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping a dead thread. Picked up one off Ebay from speedyracer for $199 shipped. Going to be mating up to an APR downpipe. Hopefully not too loud. But for half the price of a dual canister setup, worth trying!

I've been looking at that one as well. How's the build quality on it? Any issues besides one pipe being bent? Also any recommendations (this is for anyone) on dp for CBFA or just screw it and get one with 2bung holes and live with the CEL light on, like the mk4's?

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Been running it for a week now with no problems other than the bent during shipping pipe. It's only seen 45mph speed limit roads so i can't comment on highway drone. At city speeds it's got zero drone but romp on it and it howls!

As to an extra bung, any local exhaust shop should be able to weld in a new 02 bung. I had one welded on a midpipe for my turbo miata. Ordered the bung off ebay for less than $10 shipped and then $20 to weld it in.