GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moving to Denver will work in DTC

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Hey Guys,

I'll potentially be moving to Denver area for work around June. I want live near a light rail to I don't have to carbon clean as much sitting in commute traffic. Still would love to hoon around or canyon run with my fam tho. Anyone else work in DTC or got a locals scoop on some areas with good digs for rent?

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Hey! I moved out here to Denver from LA three years ago. The DTC or Greenwood Village area can be a little pricey, and not ideal to live in by my standard, but it's super nice to not have to commute down there as the traffic is always murder on I-25 around Hampden Ave.

You can find places with decent rent around Lakewood which has some really cool pockets, whereas Aurora can be a little sketch but does have redeeming areas and will be cheaper than living in town. Cap Hill is really cool but try to stay on the north side of Colfax. The Highlands is situated well within the city and offers a ton of its best food and drinks; it's certainly a hip part of town but not quite as hipster as LoDo (lower downtown, see the South Park episode The City Park of Town for full context). I currently live in Wash Park which is an awesome area and possibly my favorite neighborhood I've lived in so far.

There's a really big car scene out here and a lot of VW and Audi people. We have a few large shows like VWs on the Green, Colorado Bug-In, and Simply Fresh to name a few, and I organize a monthly cruise called Last Sunday for VWs, Audis and Porsches. Look us up on instagram (or facebook) at @lastsundaycolorado and add me while you're at it, too! I'm @mk6matt. We meet up pretty regularly aside from weekly meets and shows in the summer but also drive like hell through the mountainous roads. Just be warned that you'll lose a little power up here at altitude.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have though. I've loved it out so much; my only complaint are the roads really. I daily drove my car for my first winter here and lemme just say nope. Never again.

Nice to meet you though my dude!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Hey! I moved out here to Denver from LA three years ago. The DTC or Greenwood Village area can be a little pricey, and not ideal to live in by my standard, but it's super nice to not have to commute down there as the traffic is always murder on I-25 around Hampden Ave.

You can find places with decent rent around Lakewood which has some really cool pockets, whereas Aurora can be a little sketch but does have redeeming areas and will be cheaper than living in town. Cap Hill is really cool but try to stay on the north side of Colfax. The Highlands is situated well within the city and offers a ton of its best food and drinks; it's certainly a hip part of town but not quite as hipster as LoDo (lower downtown, see the South Park episode The City Park of Town for full context). I currently live in Wash Park which is an awesome area and possibly my favorite neighborhood I've lived in so far.

There's a really big car scene out here and a lot of VW and Audi people. We have a few large shows like VWs on the Green, Colorado Bug-In, and Simply Fresh to name a few, and I organize a monthly cruise called Last Sunday for VWs, Audis and Porsches. Look us up on instagram (or facebook) at @lastsundaycolorado and add me while you're at it, too! I'm @mk6matt. We meet up pretty regularly aside from weekly meets and shows in the summer but also drive like hell through the mountainous roads. Just be warned that you'll lose a little power up here at altitude.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have though. I've loved it out so much; my only complaint are the roads really. I daily drove my car for my first winter here and lemme just say nope. Never again.

Nice to meet you though my dude!

Very nice descriptions thank you. I ended up declining to move and letting my job lay me off. I totally would've moved out there but my wife just loves the beach too much and the pay and cost of living wouldn't have been much different. Still the few times I flew out there for work were fun and a great experience. I was looking at Cap Hill before deciding to stay. I'll still add u on FB tho.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk