GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordering a 2013 GTI

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
Car has been ordered... 2013 2-door GTI in candy white should be received by Aug. 20th
I can hardly wait... it's going to be an amazing experience! I'm really very excited to have another hatchback, and let alone the best hatchback made. I really just want to get it home and get started on it!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
impressive! Not my type of cars but I can always appreciate someone who loves cars and puts time/money into them to make them really their own :thumbup:

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
"Quote" pics or it didn't happen

you have my permission to flog me repeatedly if pics are not provided by Sept. 1st!!!

doveer

Ready to race!
Welcome! I saw you really liked your old focus, the Focus ST is coming out soon... have you considered that?

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome! I saw you really liked your old focus, the Focus ST is coming out soon... have you considered that?

I did get to see up close and sit in the NEW Focus ST this summer while at the Ford Nationals car show in Carlisle, PA. It is indeed a fabulous piece of machinery. It's very well put together and the interior is so far advanced in comparison to where Ford was just a few years ago. Unfortunately the biggest selling point is the transmission. Due to the power the ST puts out it can't handle any kind of automatic transmission at this time, and for my current needs an automatic is what I need. So, in the comparison of Ford Focus' SE, SEL and Titanium packages with the Golf base model and the Golf GTI package the GTI just stood out for a number of reasons:

1. For me and all that is involved the interior. The interlagos plaid interior is just awesome. It looks far better than the previous model's interior and has such a flow with the E-brake and shifter boot contrast stitching. The feel of the steering wheel and the overall ergonomics of the car is absolutely fabulous. In Minnesota, having a leather interior is not all that luxurious when you sit yourself in a car that's been sitting in -20 below weather. A cloth interior that looks this good, is easy to clean and doesn't freeze your tender bits off, is a huge PLUS!

2. You can't talk about a GTI hatchback and NOT discuss the handling capabilities. Very little body roll, and quick turn in along with an amazing steering response make it SUCH a blast to drive. With so many cars going to electronic steering, I long for the days of my SVT Focus, Civic Si and yes, even the Evo which gives phenomenal steering response. The GTI is so precise and so refined, you can tell the engineers worked tirelessly on this car in so many areas of handling and performance.

3. POWER! With 200 horses and 206ft.lbs. of torque, the 2.0T (GTI model) has a lot in it from the factory with the capability to have so much more. The 2.0NA that the Ford offers is sluggish at best and without a turbo to work up from it makes you asking for far more than it's capable. 160hp and 146tq honestly just doesn't put down what the GTI does... and best of all almost 40MPG, that's unheard of on a forced induced engine!

4. To go along with all that power, are an amazing set of front and rear disc brakes. The braking power on this car is just WOW! I really am liking the fact that this car comes with shiny red brake calipers that are NOT just for show! It's difficult to believe some Focus models still have drum brakes in the rear.

5. One word, gearbox! Now, in my Focus SVT I had a Getrag six speed manual transmission, and I can honestly say with a CFM (Central Florida Motorsports) short throw shifter and Steeda shift knob, this is the absolutely best feeling and best transmission I have ever had the great fortune of driving. The refined German engineering in this transmission for this tiny car has a fun factor that is just stunning. I miss that car SO much! It was the very first US Spec car to have a dual mass flywheel. Granted I am going from a six speed SVT Getrag to a DSG GTI automatic, the comparison of Focus' new automatic to DSG is just mind boggling. The Focus' automatic is downright deplorable when driven back-to-back with a GTI. You can hear even shift in the Focus and it sounds like the transmission is working twice as hard in the Focus as it does in the GTI. For myself and everyone else that test drove both cars, this was one of the major deciding factors. Plus the fact that the GTI has a "paddle shift" mode ads just a little bit of "fun factor".

So, all in all I think the decision was a good one. Now don't get me wrong, I think the Focus is a great car. I think Ford in itself has come a really long way in just a short period of time. But, having said that, just the overall look and feel of the imported, German-engineered VW Golf GTI over the domestic, dime a dozen Focus, I'll take one GTI please... in Candy White!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Welcome, nice cars, and the pics show your care, detailing, etc. We like car fanatics, so i will enjoy watching your build. If you have the choice, don't let them drill your front bumper for the Lic plate.

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome, nice cars, and the pics show your care, detailing, etc. We like car fanatics, so i will enjoy watching your build. If you have the choice, don't let them drill your front bumper for the Lic plate.

LOL... I was JUST going to email the dealership about this. Even tho MN. requires you to run a front plate, i'm a TOTAL rebel, I buck the system.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
Doing some research on APR's ECU remapping... who has used the EMCS? Does that function/option come with all APR tunes or is it an alternate program switching system? It states you can program the ECU back to stock or to other tunes available. This sounds similar to a MAP switch in which you could switch from E85 to pump gas on other cars (Lancer Evolution). Can this be done with the US spec GTI?

Because I don't have a reputable, experienced GTI tuner, I'd have to ship my ECU to APR to have it remapped, then have it sent back. I had to have this done with my Mustangs computer as well... send it to ROUSH after the supercharger was installed.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Nice SVTF :thumbsup: