GOLFMKV

K04 Dyno Consumer Reports APR vs GIAC vs UNI

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Hi!

Here is my SuperFlow dyno at the same day:

1. v2.0 303.9whp 307,9ftlbf

2. v2.2 beta 318.6whp 343,5ftlbf

Wow. Nice gains! Especially around 4,500rpm. Doesn't seem to be lacking an torque down low like Bino's dyno sheets either.

Coolicarboy

Ready to race!
I think I've seen a video on YouTube of that GTI vs an ISF. Fast as hell. :thumbsup:

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I overlayed the two graphs in photoshop for comparison.

Attachments

• dynos overlayed.jpg
    dynos overlayed.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,297

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
The torque values are in Nm
The power values are in hp

Bcon

Ready to race!
I'll take the beta file please. You can keep the extra torque down low and the overshoot.

Me too. Gimme that beta file! I don't care about a few peak ft lbs here and there vs smoothness!

That's the danger with dyno runs at full throttle. They interesting and informative, but they don't tell the whole story of a tune.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I don't care about a few peak ft lbs here and there vs smoothness!

I agree. Smoothness is key for me. I hated that hesitation around 3-4k as well I used to get with the v2 tune. Do you get that? When I graphed my logs you can really see it on the MAF graphs.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
I overlayed the two graphs in photoshop for comparison.

Good overlay. Interesting though, still seems the tuning philosophy with APR provides more torque.

andrei_don

And dyno on apr 100oct(104RON) v2.2 flash

APR K04 flash V2.2 339,1whp/495,7Nm

Mike A.

Ready to race!
This is an awesome comparison, thanks to all that put the work into organizing this. All the cars were surprisingly close.

From the logs posted on the first page which intercooler did each car have? The APR and GIAC had similar intake temps but the UNI was about 30F higher!

:w00t:

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
This is an awesome comparison, thanks to all that put the work into organizing this. All the cars were surprisingly close.

From the logs posted on the first page which intercooler did each car have? The APR and GIAC had similar intake temps but the UNI was about 30F higher!

:w00t:

Uni car had stock intercooler...

My APR car had a SPM unit and the Giac car actually had a Eurojet I/C and a Forge Twintercooler.