GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad Experience at Dealer

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I got lucky with this lol My wife works for VW so i got mine 7k below invoice....AWESOME! there was no pitch by the salesman i said i wanted candy white, plaid interior, with a sunroof and 18 detroits, took me in the back lot peeled the plastic off of it went for a test drive and it was paperwork from there

SEVEN THOUSAND?!?! :fighting0030: lucky! use that to trade in on the R! :lol:

HandGrenade06

Ready to race!
SEVEN THOUSAND?!?! :fighting0030: lucky! use that to trade in on the R! :lol:

i plan on it just wanna find out when US dealers can start ordering and ill be there :thumbup:

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I got lucky with this lol My wife works for VW so i got mine 7k below invoice....AWESOME! there was no pitch by the salesman i said i wanted candy white, plaid interior, with a sunroof and 18 detroits, took me in the back lot peeled the plastic off of it went for a test drive and it was paperwork from there

Haha! You know how many GTI owners are going to hate you now? Don't be surprised if you get some hate mail lol

HarryNipples

Passed Driver's Ed
I have one VW dealer within 350 miles of me. I went to the local dealer and they had one two door GTI, but I wanted s 4 door. So he tried to sell me a Tiquan. So guess what I did. Yep, I drove 350 miles to pick up a GTI (drove over a few bridges). Bought it over the phone. The first time I drove it was when I picked it up. Best decision ever.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Agreed, working with some dealerships are a nightmare. I actually had decided on the Speed3 at the time and walked into a mazda dealership I had used before.

Long story short they were dicks and I went to VW. I did detect a slight nose in the air attitude with VW dealerships, but it was not too bad. They let me drive the car as much as I wanted to and answered all my questions immediately and correctly. I made an offer and they declined, I then did some shopping around and got a better price. I emailed them the price and they countered. I bought the car the next day.

Just got to do a little homework.

HandGrenade06

Ready to race!
Haha! You know how many GTI owners are going to hate you now? Don't be surprised if you get some hate mail lol

hahahaha dont hate dont hate

cee dot are

Passed Driver's Ed
gk? i live in oakwood. i lived in gk when i was younger. small world.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
gk? i live in oakwood. i lived in gk when i was younger. small world.

Oh, not too far from here - I catch the train to work at the Oakwood station in the morning.

I've actually hopped around a lot on S.I. having rented many apartments in my twenties - thirties.

I saw your car on one of your posts - really nice!
If you see someone motioning you to ask you questions about your car, it may be me!

MKsixGTI

Ready to race!
When I went into the dealership the salesman did not say much to me other than, wait till we take it for a drive. We pull out of the parking lot and stop a light. He says to me "this is the best part of the GTI" and when the light turns green he floors it. He pulls over and lets me get in, instructs me to enter the freeway and floor it. I get the car to 160km/h entering the freeway.....

Easiest sale ever.

HandGrenade06

Ready to race!
When I went into the dealership the salesman did not say much to me other than, wait till we take it for a drive. We pull out of the parking lot and stop a light. He says to me "this is the best part of the GTI" and when the light turns green he floors it. He pulls over and lets me get in, instructs me to enter the freeway and floor it. I get the car to 160km/h entering the freeway.....

Easiest sale ever.

first time i drove a 2006 then went on deployment and did my research and decided to wait for the 2011's to come out went to the dealership told them interior, color, and transmission i wanted, from there it was history:D

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Well, finally got my test drive today!
Verrry Niiice! :cool:
Noticed no B pillar ticks, no wind noise, no rattles etc.
Not that they should be there anyway - but the car was tight and vault like - even muted the outside world more than I expected.

Same dealer, but a very different feel this time.
Got a lease offer for $0 down - and $379.00 per month for a 36 month lease/10k miles per year.
Essentially the sign then drive offer.

My intention is to wait 'till April to get the car, but this is damn tempting.
I'm not sure if it will be this good come springtime.... :drool:

96mkiiigti

We have the right to make money on a deal, as profit is not a dirty word. The last 6 GTIs I have sold have been discounted a total of $500. End Rant.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
You're correct 96mkiiigti, we buyers especially with al of the information available to to us nowadays - come to believe that dealers don't have a right to profit.
I suppose it's the nature of car buying where these things are negotiable on so many fronts; MSRP, Invoice, APR, incentives and so on that the buyer is so on guard.
The dealer has so many cards to shuffle, and some buyer out there will always find a better deal than you got.
Well at least today I got a good feeling and a pleasant experience.
Amazing how different things can be in the same dealership.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Bought mine by contacting the dealer via their website. This way you get the sales guy out of the way and deal directly with the internet sales manager and they usually don't play the bullshit that the sales guy does.