GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying a GTi next week, have some questions

ChicagoGuy

"another point I forgot to mention is, how could I tell the difference between the 2009 and 2010 models?"

Yup im def the idiot...

sinistro

Ready to race!
Get leather if you can, I did. In the end it was $20 difference in MY monthly between the autobahn package or cloth.

quarantine

Ready to race!
test drove a GTI today. I love it. very smooth engine with a kick.
I won't be shopping around at different dealers. the guy that works in the local dealer is a good friend of mine. He said if I don't find what I like in their inventory I can always order one. thats what I might end up doing. Might have to wait a bit, but I am in no rush. And I trust he will give me a good deal on one.

c0wsp0ts

Passed Driver's Ed
test drove a GTI today. I love it. very smooth engine with a kick.
I won't be shopping around at different dealers. the guy that works in the local dealer is a good friend of mine. He said if I don't find what I like in their inventory I can always order one. thats what I might end up doing. Might have to wait a bit, but I am in no rush. And I trust he will give me a good deal on one.

which dealership?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Why get leather over cloth. Not a critique, I want to know what you like about it. Thanks.

The feel of the leather, the smell, and the easy clean-up compared to cloth.

Plus it looks better IMO... just IMO. The plaid seats are nice too, but I prefer leather.

quarantine

Ready to race!
ok guys I get the difference between 2009 and 2010........no need to post more about mk5 and mk6.

Euro mk6.......2009 and 2010
USA mk6.......2010 only

quarantine

Ready to race!
the leather seats in the GTI are a bit dull and dark, and the whole cockpit feels black and plain with them. leather also sags after a year or 2. very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. It also requires more maintenance and care. when folding the rear seats you have to be extra careful not to scratch the leather when loading/offloading stuff. So decided to got with cloth, it works better for me, plus saves me a couple 100 dollars.

I just placed a deposit on a fully loaded 4 door GTI carbon Grey with fabric interior.
DSG, 18" wheels, the 8 speaker system, power sunroof, xenon lights, side and rear airbags, for $26.5k

Hodag

Dont even get me started on the interior.

MKVI is WAY nicer than the MKV

While I love my MK6, I'd have to disagree with the MK6 being WAY better. I don't care for the redesign of the temp controls or the steering wheel controls. I often accidently hit the channel change button with the side of my hand with my hands at "10 and 2". I never had the problem with that with my MK5. Also, the heated seat button has to be activated every time you turn the car off. With the MK5, the dial stayed where it was set at until you readjusted it. I just find it an inconvenience to have to set it every time.