GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, last weekend I installed the unitronic intake. Crazy sounds but I did notice during wide open throttle at 4k+ rpms it makes an awful whining noise.

So I've been told it does this due to the diverter valve.

Those who have had this issue what have you done to remedy it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Unitronic has a DV relocation kit that solves this issue.

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone tell me where is the best place ( price & quality) to buy rear LED tail lamps for a 2011 GTI ?
also looking to get a oem style GOLF R 2012 front bumper , thank's !

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Can someone tell me where is the best place ( price & quality) to buy rear LED tail lamps for a 2011 GTI ?
also looking to get a oem style GOLF R 2012 front bumper , thank's !

OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket, go with Ed, he's in Canadia too. He is doing a group buy now I think.

dancemonkey

2012 GTI

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, last weekend I installed the unitronic intake. Crazy sounds but I did notice during wide open throttle at 4k+ rpms it makes an awful whining noise.

So I've been told it does this due to the diverter valve.

Those who have had this issue what have you done to remedy it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I got this whine when I installed my Unitronic intake. The Forge DV spacer got rid of it but im no longer a fan of that sound either so i ordered the GFB DV+ and will be installing it when I get home.

My buddy got the same sound with his CTS intake as well. They're fairly similar.

The DV Relocation kit solves it but I think it makes the engine bay look cluttered. Just my opinion though.

crt.dvs

Golf 2.5L Performance Parts

I have quite a few questions about performance parts.
But I'm just going to ask about 1 right now.
Are there performance headers out there that will benefit a performance exhaust?

xsj0914x

Hey Guys, My Name Is Sj [emoji136] I'm New To The Forum & Feel Kinda Lost lol (Please Bare With me) Okk Soo I Own A 2013 Vw Golf TDI (4 door) & I Was Looking Into Lowering It But I Have No Idea What Springs To Go For [emoji21] I Want Something That Doesn't Ride Soo Stiff (As Close As Possible To Factory Ride) Since Its My Daily Driver.. Any Suggestions? TIA [emoji4]

-Sj [emoji173]️

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!

Driver Gear springs are what you're looking for. Check out the suspension threads for more info.

coachfoxta

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for this thread! I refer back to this thread constantly as I decide where to go with this car. I've had my Mk6 for almost a year now, but had a Mk5 for a few years before that. I'm a teacher and coach, so the reactions I get to my car are pretty interesting.

I've got DG springs, ECS install kit, and a color-matched CW lip on the way. Currently on the look out for slightly used OEM shocks to match with the springs. I'll probably continue working down the stages you've got outlined. I don't have a need for more power YET, so I'll keep working on the supporting mods.

On the horizon...
- Brake lines, pads, and fluid
- LED tails
- Front and rear sways (spending a lot of time reading through Grambles' and TechEd's thread here and on the Vortex to dial in the right combination for my desires - I've got some very nice road trips here in the Pacific Northwest to enjoy)

Anyway, thanks, again, for the great thread.

WAP

Go Kart Champion