GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI vs E46 M3

jeppe777

Ready to race!
Raced off the line, I beat him by 3 car lenghts.
Im stage 1 APR + Carbonio.

Im Really impressed :happyanim:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
put your flame suit on

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
As much as I would love to believe that I have to call that he has something wrong with his car or he can't drive for Shit

My cousin has an E46 M3 and I'm stage 2 and I will hold him for a little bit but then he gets me by close to 2 cars and we stopped at 120

Jimmer1

Ready to race!
^ what he says. I came from an E46 M3 and it pisses all over the GTI. I love my new ride, but that straight six is one of the sweetest ever put in a road car.

jeppe777

Ready to race!
We had two runs, Had him both times, maybe age of his car shifting etc etc.

Im dsg.

Anyway felt good beating a M

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
lmao are you high? im stage 2 with full bolt ons and am lucky if i pull a car up to 100 and after that they pull back. This is clearly BULLSHIT!

Attachments

• BullshitMeter.jpg
    BullshitMeter.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,186

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
His E46 M3 must have been one of the ones NOT hitting 0-60 in like 4.8secs... or he's just a god awful driver. I'm guessing the latter.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Very believable. As the E46 is heavy. My G35 with bolt ons beat several of my friends.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It weighs 3400lbs with 330hp. Not exactly portly.

agreed. But some guys on here even consider the GTI "heavy" - I guess they are either driving F1 cars or are stuck in the 80's and 90's.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
That is heavy vs the E36 M3 which was quick and agile. And it's all top end for the M3 where it doesn't have the grunt down low. Gotta love that high redline. :)

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
The BMW 3 series has some of the best engines/ chassis in the world. I came from an E46 325ci and that straight 6 engine loved to rev and the chassis was so well balanced and agile. Mine was setup for both weekend track work and street... even with just 185 hp that car would keep up with seasoned driver's in Porsche 911's and Corvette's around Buttonwillow.

The advantage of any 3 series model year is that the chassis can handle whatever power you throw at it. For instance I could add a supercharger to my 325 ci or swap in a 330 engine or M3 motor or s2000 motor or M5 motor and the car wouldn't loose it's composure around a racetrack... It would just get faster and faster.

You pump the hp in a fwd GTI to Ko4 levels or Stage 3 levels and it's all straight line speed.

I'll admit my Ko4 powered GTI is plenty fast and can keep up with very fast cars on the track and is much faster around the same tracks as my E46... but the E46 just felt more satisfying around the same track.

otoh the GTI felt just right at stage 1 or stage 2 power levels with it's fwd chassis.

gkallis

Ready to race!