GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser Alert- Coming Soon-APR's Mobile Switching Application!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
Vaporware. The best thing you can do in the world of software development is NOT announce software until it's ready to ship (or very close to). It's amazing to me when companies announce software so long before it's ready.

cough blizzard cough

yeah that shit is annoying :iono:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. I'm going to stop watching this thread.

I'm sure when APR has something real they will start a new thread in FULL CAPITALS that we won't miss.

Until then, this is all conjecture with nothing factual to go on.

See ya' in another thread guys.

Just close the thread until there is something new to report :) Saves bandwidth. 21k views, damn!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
They demoed it there and it was freaking awesome! It's slated for early 2012 if all goes well.

It will have Obd2 connection to wirelessly transmit data. Logging is available on 4 variables at once with an "amateur" version and many others with a "professional" version. Price point was mentioned but no hard numbers. It was definitely touted as affordable. Program switching is on the fly. Up to 4 gauges can be displayed aT once.

IPhone and iPad is first in line for release, then android should be months after.

I think I nailed most of it. I should've taken a video of the demo. Damn.

No. You'll still have to be flashed through a dealer. Not flashing through your phone

I reported everything that was presented at the APR BBQ. They will not be able to indulge in any other information until it is released or something else new is developed.

I guess people are missing the whole point of what this application actually does. Its not a chance to get rid of your key fob, its a Logging system/Gauge system (for ECU variables), and control for their cruise control functions. Think VAGcom on your phone, without editing electrical bytes

I will post this again, and on every subsequent page until the release.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
I will post this again, and on every subsequent page until the release.

yea idk why people are bitching. you already clearly stated it was to be released in 2012 lol... APR isnt gonna say shit til it's done, and when it is done, im sure everyone will see the thread cuz it'll be getting comments like crazy im sure. until release, i am just patiently waiting :)

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
Im not on here too often but though I would chime in so all the blame does not fall on APR

I posted this, not APR, because I saw it at the conference it and thought it was badass. The post was def premature but figured others wanted to see what I saw.

Some of the delay Im sure has been that this takes a bad seat to new ecu development and new main line hardware such as the stage3+. To the best of my knowledge the app has been functional for a couple months but the aforementioned reasons keep it from being 100% complete and ready for the public.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Im not on here too often but though I would chime in so all the blame does not fall on APR

I posted this, not APR, because I saw it at the conference it and thought it was badass. The post was def premature but figured others wanted to see what I saw.

Some of the delay Im sure has been that this takes a bad seat to new ecu development and new main line hardware such as the stage3+. To the best of my knowledge the app has been functional for a couple months but the aforementioned reasons keep it from being 100% complete and ready for the public.

Thanks for the update, I'm sure this will calm some people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.