GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 DSG Wolfsburg Candy White $25.3K Out the door, Good Price?

Celluloid3

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and VW GTI's. I'm about to purchase my first GTI here in New Jersey. It's a New 2014 Wolfsburg DSG Candy White 4 door, with splash guards, mats and first aid kit, I got the dealer down to $25,302 out the door price. They've gone down to $24,007 before Doc, Taxes, DMV, NJ Tire & Service. Then I'm getting the $1000 rebate as well.

I've read the forum and I feel like $24K is a pretty good price. Any thoughts?

Thanks and looking forward to being on the boards.

-Cell3

WALDO87

Doesn't sound like a deal to me... I've been following the forum(s) for a couple months now because I'm in the market for a GTI and I've seen people say that they got a left over Driver's Edition for $25k so...

I mean hell, the MK7 base model starts at $25k. I'm sure a lot of dealers just want to get rid of their old inventory and then some don't want to budge at all. I would keep trying to work on them and if they don't come down more I'd walk... maybe they'll eventually cave and give you a call or you can move on and try to purchase a 2015 model.

glayfan40

Passed Driver's Ed
$4-4.5K off (including all available incentives) MSRP is definitely doable on the 2014's.

I'd assume the MSRP for the one you were looking at is $27,505 or close to it (as it's similarly equipped like the one I just leased in MA). If that's the case, I'd start by a counter offer at $23,000 (at a minimum, you can even go lower but within reason) and see what they say. Worst case they'd say no, wouldn't hurt to try.

But of course, it all depends on current market condition for the specific location (supply/demand, competition, dealer eagerness to make the sale, quota to meet for that specific salesman/team, etc.) so YMMV.

ccg36

Back in February I picked up a CSG DSG Wolfsburg for $23k out the door. I would think 5 months later when the 2015's are on the lot, that you should be able to do better.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
It's not the deal of the century, but you also did not get ripped off! Now forget about this shit and get outside and drive and start enjoying your new GTI! :word:

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

PS- I won't tell you about the thousands you will spend on mods when the mod bug bites you! :23:

Celluloid3

It seems like my biggest problem getting the price lower is that no one actually has a 2014 Wolfsburg on the lot that they need to get off the lot. I'm battling the transfer cost to get the car to the dealer. I might have a dealer who will go $24.9 out the door. I'm thinking I should have found a dealer who had a Drivers Edition still on the lot that wanted to move it.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
I got my wolfsburg gti last year, and I got my local dealer to do $23,700 before tax and all that. You should be able to get a wwwwwaaaaayyyy better deal. Also the time I got my gti they were doing that bs "market adjustment pricing" where they would mark the car up $2000-$3000 for no reason.

WALDO87

It seems like my biggest problem getting the price lower is that no one actually has a 2014 Wolfsburg on the lot that they need to get off the lot. I'm battling the transfer cost to get the car to the dealer. I might have a dealer who will go $24.9 out the door. I'm thinking I should have found a dealer who had a Drivers Edition still on the lot that wanted to move it.

Honestly, I'd walk away... just focus on getting a 2015 base model for close to the same price.

My uncle works for a VW dealer that has had a left over 2013 Driver's Edition for quite a while now and with the current incentives I was very interested in it. Well apparently they've had it so long that the dealer decided to buy it from VW and now the dealer is trying to sell it on their own so it doesn't qualify for any of the special offers. There goes that idea! It sucks and I was pretty annoyed but now I'm just going to wait till some special financing offers come up on the 2015's.