GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPA K04 and United Motorsport Tune

zef

Drag Racing Champion
United Motorsport out of CT?

Was this a costume tune, or off the shelf?

What does this tune do to emissions readiness?

I've got the HPA turbo/tune...it's ok, but I'd like more. I'm looking tune jump, but not so sure what tunes will work with this turbo.

The HPA tune keeps all my readiness on, except they typical one regarding the cat which people use the spacer to correct.

I would talk with HPA first. Run some logs and send them to them they could more than likely send you a revised tune with more power. Adding supporting mods also helps too, and also making sure you don't have any leaks or other issues that might rob power.

Chris659

Ready to race!
I would talk with HPA first. Run some logs and send them to them they could more than likely send you a revised tune with more power. Adding supporting mods also helps too, and also making sure you don't have any leaks or other issues that might rob power.

Been there, done it all.

But you bring up a good point about a revised tune.

I'm right there with you on them not being able to do much with the tune. Atleast they were upfront with me about it, so I'm not disappointed in any way. Their tunes aren't as aggressive as other companies.

Really only thing that almost made me not go with their tune, is that they won't remap for w/m yet they drill their manifolds for dp. Their concern is not having proper mixture or running out and it damaging something. Again, they're more conservative in a lot of ways, but it's probably for my own good so mine will be mainly for cooling.

I've added a do88 IC, different intake, and by end of this week, grams tb so I'm going to see if they will revise the tune and see how it runs from there. Im a lil more limited with tuning companies than you guys bc of my box code/car

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
I'm right there with you on them not being able to do much with the tune. Atleast they were upfront with me about it, so I'm not disappointed in any way. Their tunes aren't as aggressive as other companies.

Really only thing that almost made me not go with their tune, is that they won't remap for w/m yet they drill their manifolds for dp. Their concern is not having proper mixture or running out and it damaging something. Again, they're more conservative in a lot of ways, but it's probably for my own good so mine will be mainly for cooling.

I've added a do88 IC, different intake, and by end of this week, grams tb so I'm going to see if they will revise the tune and see how it runs from there. Im a lil more limited with tuning companies than you guys bc of my box code/car

I was fired up about getting their manifold and a retune for it.....but not so hip about the lack of a gasket, plus the only place near me that will work with HPA is a joke.........ugh.