GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Media Player help.. won't pair device

incog_nico

Hi all,

Would appreciate some help on this. I bought an android phone recently (google pixel) and i’m having issues with the media player connectivity through bluetooth audio (RSD-510.. touch screen model radio unit, 2012 GTI). Note: my old iPhone 5 connected everything seamlessly and automatically.

When I get into my car, the bluetooth automatically picks up the phone and connects to that part just fine..no issues there; calls work, and I can access contacts and the pre-set numbers on the “phone” tab of the radio unit.

Where it gets annoying is playing bluetooth audio. It never auto automatically connects to the media player the way my iphone used to. It attempts to right after pairing with the phone, but it always fails and says “connection not possible.” I'm using Spotify to stream music. It WILL connect as a media player if I already have spotify open and playing AND I manually pair the media player through the MFI controls on the steering wheel. But, as you can imagine, this gets quite annoying to do every time I get into car.

Any ideas on how I can get the cars bluetooth to pair with the media player automatically? I’ve tried everything I can throw at it. Thx

spikernum1

Ready to race!
having the exact same issue ever since i updated my Nexus 6P to Android Oreo

there are many reports of bluetooth audio issues, but no solid resolutions so far from what i can tell.

i've tried removing the bluetooth pairing from both car and phone, reset my phone's network settings, factory reset phone, and cleared phone's cache. Nothing has worked.

Right now i'm just waiting for a new update from Google...

zVp

Go Kart Champion
having the exact same issue ever since i updated my Nexus 6P to Android Oreo

there are many reports of bluetooth audio issues, but no solid resolutions so far from what i can tell.

i've tried removing the bluetooth pairing from both car and phone, reset my phone's network settings, factory reset phone, and cleared phone's cache. Nothing has worked.

Right now i'm just waiting for a new update from Google...

I have the same problem (Nexus 6P to Android O), but here's what I do every morning and afternoon when I get into the car.

Let Bluetooth connect automatically at first when you get into the car. Media Player will fail to connect.

Just turn off bluetooth and turn it back on again (on your phone) and when it connects, they will all connect. This hasn't failed me, yet.

spikernum1

Ready to race!
I have the same problem (Nexus 6P to Android O), but here's what I do every morning and afternoon when I get into the car.

Let Bluetooth connect automatically at first when you get into the car. Media Player will fail to connect.

Just turn off bluetooth and turn it back on again (on your phone) and when it connects, they will all connect. This hasn't failed me, yet.

that's what i USED to do when I first got android O. It worked, but was also a headache.
So I did the fiddling around with resetting network settings and factory reset. Now the workaround doesn't even work!! I can't get media connection to my GTI at all.

All other phone functions work: calls, contacts, voice commands, etc.

I don't know if I should be waiting for a fix, trying to fix it myself, or look for an aftermarket nav.

incog_nico

@ZvP I've noticed that works, too, but as you know is a pain in the ass. Thanks for the replies though! Will cross fingers and hope there's an update.. might try to swing by VW to see if they update the firmware on my radio unit I have a feeling its outdated.

spikernum1

Ready to race!
i've tried using all Bluetooth AVRCP versions, none work. You can tell if you remove the bluetooth connection from your car and your phone, and then try to repair it, the car won't present you with a bluetooth code to connect with (even though you know it's 0000). it just sits on "Connecting..." until you just enter 0000 on your phone.

it will connect and give you call audio and functions, just no media still.

spikernum1

Ready to race!
Downloaded android 8.1.still no success. Minor improvement is that the car actually prompts you to enter a pin, but it doesn't give media player access to the car. You can see it more clearly in 8.1 since the Bluetooth settings got overhauled. The option just isn't even there for my GTI but it is for my Ford Escape.

spikernum1

Ready to race!
FYI - there was an update to 8.1 this morning. every single problem i had with my phone (lag/bad touch recognition, bluetooth) have all been fixed.

finally, my phone media automatically connects when i get in my car.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
FYI - there was an update to 8.1 this morning. every single problem i had with my phone (lag/bad touch recognition, bluetooth) have all been fixed.

finally, my phone media automatically connects when i get in my car.

I was going to post this too. It's all been fixed with 8.1 DP2. Woo!