GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

FriggenT1

Banned
This is a DIRECT quote from Arin@APR on their 15% off thread
So far, less than 10 out of many thousands. If people truly have an issue, send them our way! We can handle all of them. Support@goapr.com.

10 as in only 10 complaints out of thousands of customers...feel free to post there if you're having issues. Just trying to help you all out.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
This is a DIRECT quote from Arin@APR on their 15% off thread

10 as in only 10 complaints out of thousands of customers...feel free to post there if you're having issues. Just trying to help you all out.

I think it's more accurate to say that only 10 people have actually taken the time to record and send in data logs of the fluctuation issue to APR. I'm waiting on a response regarding my open service ticket. Will update when I get some feedback.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
If you have issues, contact our support team please: support@goapr.com

So far, not many tickets.

Thank you!

I was informed today that APR would get back to me in 3 weeks. Unfortunately I have a track event at VIR in 2 weeks, so that timeline doesn't really help me. I've suggested decreasing the gain value on the N75 valve PID Loop, which should solve the overshoot and oscillation of the boost process value. I'm hoping they can push this service ticket through a little quicker so I can get a resolution and still attend the track event. Any help you can provide in escalating this Arin would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronnie

FriggenT1

Banned
I was informed today that APR would get back to me in 3 weeks. Unfortunately I have a track event at VIR in 2 weeks, so that timeline doesn't really help me. I've suggested decreasing the gain value on the N75 valve PID Loop, which should solve the overshoot and oscillation of the boost process value. I'm hoping they can push this service ticket through a little quicker so I can get a resolution and still attend the track event. Any help you can provide in escalating this Arin would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronnie

If you have a track event, you could run an mbc in parallel to keep boost down for now.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
If you have a track event, you could run an mbc in parallel to keep boost down for now.

Is this a pretty common setup? Can anyone recommend a brand/model? Seems like a redundant control strategy.

BTW, if I had access to the APR source code I'm pretty sure I could fix this relatively easily. The overboost is caused by the N75 PID Loop. (I sort of do this stuff for a living)

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
Is this a pretty common setup? Can anyone recommend a brand/model? Seems like a redundant control strategy.

BTW, if I had access to the APR source code I'm pretty sure I could fix this relatively easily. The overboost is caused by the N75 PID Loop. (I sort of do this stuff for a living)

It was common for the f23, since sometimes they would overboost. Personally, the best mbc imo is the Hallman, built like a tank. If you don't want it to interfere with your normal boost, just tighten it all the way up, otherwise you can just back it down to keep it from overboosting. It will be more efficient than the n75 imo...mechanical is always better for me.

GTInSuch2

Passed Driver's Ed
Checking in here, on 2.4 for a while now. Issues the entire time, no resolution.

APR continues to play stupid. I've opened a support case, offered logs, APR and the dealer still maintain that "No one else is having this issue" despite me referencing this thread to them & talking about specifics.

Whether in D or M, the first few gears are HORRID. Driving around town is HORRIBLE. Creeping in R or D from slow speed is HORRID. I've done an adaptation through VCDS and the issue just comes back. Clearly it's their tune

What's the game plan APR? All these people throwing hardware/gapping plugs/dv's at the problem, only for this adapatation to fudge up and issues return.

Going in tomorrow to go back to 1.2, that was APR's solution!!!! LOL

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Checking in here, on 2.4 for a while now. Issues the entire time, no resolution.

APR continues to play stupid. I've opened a support case, offered logs, APR and the dealer still maintain that "No one else is having this issue" despite me referencing this thread to them & talking about specifics.

Whether in D or M, the first few gears are HORRID. Driving around town is HORRIBLE. Creeping in R or D from slow speed is HORRID. I've done an adaptation through VCDS and the issue just comes back. Clearly it's their tune

What's the game plan APR? All these people throwing hardware/gapping plugs/dv's at the problem, only for this adapatation to fudge up and issues return.

Going in tomorrow to go back to 1.2, that was APR's solution!!!! LOL

That's not the response I wanted to see. I've been talking about this issue forever. With some of the more recent posts I really thought APR was finally gonna do something to help you guys.

I'm actually pissed after reading your post. Going back to 1.2 is a terrible fucking solution.

I just feel bad for anyone that still has this issue and can't easily purchase a tune from someone else to get rid of this trash.

If you've been trying to work with them, been in communication with them, with logs ready, and their solution is still to switch you back to 1.2 then they don't deserve anyones business. Apparently they're a tuning company that can't tune.

They should be getting so much more shit for this than they actually are, but you'll still see everybody telling other people to go APR. Why should APR fix anything when they won't be affected at all I guess. I get that not everybody has this issue and it seems to be a small portion of people with issues, but do you see the other major tuners having issues like this, and if they are having issues do you see them putting old versions of a tune back on peoples cars as a fix? Did any other tuners beta test a tune for a year+ and then immediately start having people report issues the day the new tune was released? Did any other tuners then have to beta a released software for another 6~ months while going through multiple revisions while still having issues on the final revision?

Like there's a thread about the golf mk8 on this forum right now and someone posted, 'I wonder what apr could do on a tune with an electric motor?' Well I fuckin don't because I sure as shit wouldn't spend another dime on an APR product.

Sorry, but not sorry for this rant. I'm just pissed. I don't have any APR tune anymore, but I was really hoping to see them working with you guys to get this fixed. To see you were told you need to go back to 1.2 for it to be fixed just makes me even happier I switched to stratified.

GTInSuch2

Passed Driver's Ed
That's not the response I wanted to see. I've been talking about this issue forever. With some of the more recent posts I really thought APR was finally gonna do something to help you guys.

I'm actually pissed after reading your post. Going back to 1.2 is a terrible fucking solution.

I just feel bad for anyone that still has this issue and can't easily purchase a tune from someone else to get rid of this trash.

If you've been trying to work with them, been in communication with them, with logs ready, and their solution is still to switch you back to 1.2 then they don't deserve anyones business. Apparently they're a tuning company that can't tune.

They should be getting so much more shit for this than they actually are, but you'll still see everybody telling other people to go APR. Why should APR fix anything when they won't be affected at all I guess. I get that not everybody has this issue and it seems to be a small portion of people with issues, but do you see the other major tuners having issues like this, and if they are having issues do you see them putting old versions of a tune back on peoples cars as a fix? Did any other tuners beta test a tune for a year+ and then immediately start having people report issues the day the new tune was released? Did any other tuners then have to beta a released software for another 6~ months while going through multiple revisions while still having issues on the final revision?

Like there's a thread about the golf mk8 on this forum right now and someone posted, 'I wonder what apr could do on a tune with an electric motor?' Well I fuckin don't because I sure as shit wouldn't spend another dime on an APR product.

Sorry, but not sorry for this rant. I'm just pissed. I don't have any APR tune anymore, but I was really hoping to see them working with you guys to get this fixed. To see you were told you need to go back to 1.2 for it to be fixed just makes me even happier I switched to stratified.

I hear ya. 1.2 sucks, I may just ask that the entire tune is removed depending on how thing go.

At this point I'm just sick of driving and not wanting to drive my car. I cringe when I throw in R to get out the driveway.

Arin... what do you have? Should I open another "support" case only to be told you don't want my logs?

Justin and Grant had NOTHING, they said oh well we have no one to work on this tune right now. Here's 1.2

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I hear ya. 1.2 sucks, I may just ask that the entire tune is removed depending on how thing go.

At this point I'm just sick of driving and not wanting to drive my car. I cringe when I throw in R to get out the driveway.

Arin... what do you have? Should I open another "support" case only to be told you don't want my logs?

Justin and Grant had NOTHING, they said oh well we have no one to work on this tune right now. Here's 1.2

That really makes me feel sorry for you guys that are trying to get this worked out. Arin has been telling people they need to put in tickets. He's pretty much been saying nothing has been getting done to fix it because no one was sending them tickets. Now people are putting in tickets just to be told there's no one that can work on the tune? What...the...fuck...

I feel ya man, I really do. I wasn't happy with how my car was driving either. The way the car drove when I had APR had me considering getting rid of the car. It was just a pain in the ass to drive, sloppy, shifting sucked, everything had to be done with so much effort as I tried to fight against what the tune wanted the car to do, and it even felt slightly unsafe at times. They're the largest VW tuner and this is what they came out with and the service they offer...It's pathetic.

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
That really makes me feel sorry for you guys that are trying to get this worked out. Arin has been telling people they need to put in tickets. He's pretty much been saying nothing has been getting done to fix it because no one was sending them tickets. Now people are putting in tickets just to be told there's no one that can work on the tune? What...the...fuck...

I feel ya man, I really do. I wasn't happy with how my car was driving either. The way the car drove when I had APR had me considering getting rid of the car. It was just a pain in the ass to drive, sloppy, shifting sucked, everything had to be done with so much effort as I tried to fight against what the tune wanted the car to do, and it even felt slightly unsafe at times. They're the largest VW tuner and this is what they came out with and the service they offer...It's pathetic.

Arin is only worried about selling more stuff, he's been the biggest bullshitter on this forum for years. APR has been great at trying to put down other tunes, hardware, telling people they are "surging", when he clearly doesn't even know wtf surging even is....but hey...the tunes are 15% off right now! Jump on it while you can guys!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Arin is only worried about selling more stuff, he's been the biggest bullshitter on this forum for years. APR has been great at trying to put down other tunes, hardware, telling people they are "surging", when he clearly doesn't even know wtf surging even is....but hey...the tunes are 15% off right now! Jump on it while you can guys!

I've tried giving them the benefit of doubt, but I don't think I can do that anymore. I wanted to see how they would handle themselves with this issue. I guess it's pretty much as expected.

I've never been a fan of APR anyway. They've got that RSC scandal under their belt. They have the most expensive parts with the price not really seeming to be justified with all the other options out there. They had a good thing going with the fully loaded ECU sales and free stage 2 upgrades, but those are completely gone. The only way to get the "free" stage 2 upgrade is with their expensive ass downpipe. There's just a lot of things they do that rub me the wrong way as a consumer with better options out there. A shitty tune with their shitty customer service is just one more shitty cherry for the shit pie that is APR.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I've tried giving them the benefit of doubt, but I don't think I can do that anymore. I wanted to see how they would handle themselves with this issue. I guess it's pretty much as expected.

I've never been a fan of APR anyway. They've got that RSC scandal under their belt. They have the most expensive parts with the price not really seeming to be justified with all the other options out there. They had a good thing going with the fully loaded ECU sales and free stage 2 upgrades, but those are completely gone. The only way to get the "free" stage 2 upgrade is with their expensive ass downpipe. There's just a lot of things they do that rub me the wrong way as a consumer with better options out there. A shitty tune with their shitty customer service is just one more shitty cherry for the shit pie that is APR.

Tuning becomes less of a priority when you are bought and sold again every couple years to different companies thats one and only line is profit.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Tuning becomes less of a priority when you are bought and sold again every couple years to different companies thats one and only line is profit.

This. Need to save pennies to one day get a COBB AP. If you want more power, and reliable at that. Get dyno tuned and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk