GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just did 20k + DSG service

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
DSG service is $350+ at any dealer... there is no way you got the service, or they made a mistake.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
I was told that when i bring in my car for the 40k to expect it to be around 800...I'm sure they do more at that point though. I can only hope that it's a little closer to what you paid though!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I was told that when i bring in my car for the 40k to expect it to be around 800...I'm sure they do more at that point though. I can only hope that it's a little closer to what you paid though!

Barely...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
SO let me get this straight for anyone who might know. DSG service goes like this:

1) Remove Intake
2) Remove Filter Housing
3) Replace Filter
4) Install Filter Housing
5) Remove Drain Plug and drain oil
6) Hook Special Adapter up
7) Gravity feed 5-6 bottles of gear oil in
8) Start Vehicle
9) VAGCOM ATF Temperature
10) Shift through PRNDS
11) 35*C, Shut off car
12) Drain residual run off
13) Remove Special Tool
14) Torque Drain plug with new washer on.

Basically....an oil change with a little finess Am I right?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
You don't shut off the car on step 11 grambles.

.......:rereads service manual:

You are correct. You shut it off AFTER your remove the tools and retorque the drain plug bolt.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
SO let me get this straight for anyone who might know. DSG service goes like this:

1) Remove Intake
2) Remove Filter Housing
3) Replace Filter
4) Install Filter Housing
5) Remove Drain Plug and drain oil
6) Hook Special Adapter up
7) Gravity feed 5-6 bottles of gear oil in
8) Start Vehicle
9) VAGCOM ATF Temperature
10) Shift through PRNDS
11) 35*C, Shut off car
12) Drain residual run off
13) Remove Special Tool
14) Torque Drain plug with new washer on.

Basically....an oil change with a little finess Am I right?

7. Its 4.5 Liters of DSG fluid.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/dsg-diy-fluid-change-service.htm

Best write up on this. The main issue is the "tool" because of its cost ($200). But you can drill out a drain plug ($30) and do it that way i suppose.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Lots of good info here, I think I'm going to get a set of ramps and start doing this myself as soon as I do my last oil change.

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
7. Its 4.5 Liters of DSG fluid.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/dsg-diy-fluid-change-service.htm

Best write up on this. The main issue is the "tool" because of its cost ($200). But you can drill out a drain plug ($30) and do it that way i suppose.

That plus this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/5493363/DIY-DSG-02E-Transmission-40000-miles-maintenance-service

I'm gonna get the official tool for it. It'll pay for itself after one DIY flush :D

both look like good walk throughs... maybe one of you can post that in the DIY section.

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Maybe they gave him the 40k service early and he will have to pay for the next one. My dealer is taking care of all my intervals up to 40k doing my oil changes at every5k maybe he got lucky too

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Maybe they gave him the 40k service early and he will have to pay for the next one. My dealer is taking care of all my intervals up to 40k doing my oil changes at every5k maybe he got lucky too

;)