GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
One thing that helps me for climbs is to get into a steady breathing rhythm, it helps keep oxygen going to your legs and helps with the lactic acid building

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I raced at Windham Mountain this past weekend for the World Cup Test your Glory race on the World Cup course that will be used in 2 weeks!

It was down pouring for most of the morning before the race which made conditions very greasy. Its crazy to think that the pro riders are a minute and a half faster than this pace! I was trying to keep it smooth and on the course, but the rock garden tossed me and bent my rear rotor pretty bad (you can hear it squealing all the rest of the way). It also stopped my back brake from working and only had the front for the rest of the run.

Heres my run, make sure you watch it in HD!

Why do these guys look faster than you? :p

Must be awesome to be there watching, racing, and rolling through the pits. Have fun dude! :thumbsup:

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Ironman is done! I'm so excited to get back to riding dirt since I don't have to constantly train anymore

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
My pops and I both recently upgraded from Aluminum frames to the carbon fiber world. I rode a 2012 Specialized Epic 26er and he rode a Scott Spark 960 29er. Both got some pretty sweet deals on our new bikes. I bought a Scott Scale 730 650B love it! He bought the Scott Spark 930 carbon 29er such a difference in weight we love them!

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Why do these guys look faster than you? :p

Must be awesome to be there watching, racing, and rolling through the pits. Have fun dude! :thumbsup:

Haha yeah they are just a tiny bit faster :laugh:

It was a pretty awesome weekend though. Watched the pro race Saturday, got Aaron Gwins autograph and high fived Josh Brycland after his win and a bunch of other pros!

Check out my buddies Instagram page for the pics from the race here: http://instagram.com/bobobrb3

He also posted a video of a pretty bad crash from the race too.

On Sunday, I raced the Eastern States Cup course and got 10th out of about 25 people. Need to use less brakes and pedal more next time (also need to be less hungover). Here is my race run, this time I made it without crashing!

Here's a couple pictures from my run:

dmarsh15

Ready to race!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It's so nice to get back on dirt again. My first ride since Ironman, I was definitely still feeling the leg fatigue from that race but we had a nice 3+ hour ride through the mountains.

havoc_32

I see some of the places you guys had posted, it looks super nice to ride! This is one of my local trails here in PA...not the smoothest but it can be fun. It certainly makes me appreciate the smooth sections :)

Attachments

• 177971_10103062769931394_1308377577_o.jpg
    177971_10103062769931394_1308377577_o.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 234

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
In CO I have a lot of rocky sections and some slick rock. I tend to only stop and snap some pics in mundane sections though.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
god damn it. Buffalo Creek, from the pictures I posted above, is having an Xterra race tomorrow and I never heard about it until now :(