GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fog light shrouds

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Revozports bumper does not come with the LED lights or front splitter. It's almost another $900 option. Bumper itself isn't that expensive.

Where are you guys buying the SRE fog covers? I messaged another member on this forum who purchased them from SRE and had trouble with the company.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
^^You mean SRS-Tec? They are the sole source, they don't distribute but they probably have resellers. SRS makes decent quality parts but they are basically a body kit company out of Germany.

I recently ordered an add-on lip for my R-line bumper and a Garage Vary rep roof spoiler both made by SRS over a month ago and the items finally arrived last week. It was not a good experience: shipment took 5 weeks, SRS would not update me on the status of the package, package arrived extremely water damaged and SRS is being less than helpful with my damage claim.

This is how my package was received, it was still wet inside.

https://flic.kr/p/oMX819

https://flic.kr/p/oMYWCp

It's bad the adhesive they included had leaked out, corners of the roof spoiler are broken, staples were rusted out from the water. Either this was left out in the rain or it was dropped in the ocean. There was only one packing strap because the box had deformed so much the others have presumably fallen off.

SRS still has better quality than Revozports' production parts. In general SRS parts have only minor fitment issues compared to the two CF Revo roof spoilers that were warped. This is the second time I've had issues with an overseas aftermarket body kit company. I would stick with OEM unless you're willing to put up with the potential headache. Start to finish Revozport took 6 months before I finally gave up, I'm hoping SRS is quicker than that.

TLDR: Stick with OEM, aftermarket body kit companies still suck.

^^You mean SRS-Tec? They are the sole source, they don't distribute but they probably have resellers. SRS makes decent quality parts but they are basically a body kit company out of Germany.

I recently ordered an add-on lip for my R-line bumper and a Garage Vary rep roof spoiler both made by SRS over a month ago and the items finally arrived last week. It was not a good experience: shipment took 5 weeks, SRS would not update me on the status of the package, package arrived extremely water damaged and SRS is being less than helpful with my damage claim.

This is how my package was received, it was still wet inside.

https://flic.kr/p/oMX819

https://flic.kr/p/oMYWCp

It's bad the adhesive they included had leaked out, corners of the roof spoiler are broken, staples were rusted out from the water. Either this was left out in the rain or it was dropped in the ocean. There was only one packing strap because the box had deformed so much the others have presumably fallen off.

SRS still has better quality than Revozports' production parts. In general SRS parts have only minor fitment issues compared to the two CF Revo roof spoilers that were warped. This is the second time I've had issues with an overseas aftermarket body kit company. I would stick with OEM unless you're willing to put up with the potential headache. Start to finish Revozport took 6 months before I finally gave up, I'm hoping SRS is quicker than that.

TLDR: Stick with OEM, aftermarket body kit companies still suck.

Yea what I've been told as well, customer service is non-exisitent. I would always go OEM, but they dont make the same fog shroud as SRS do.

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
You know what would work. 3D printing... order the original cover ( #8 on the last page ) use a bit of clay and modify the look. Scan is and print in ABS plastic. Worth a shot if you know some one and well the one set is cheap on E-bay. Think I have a new project hehe

You know what would work. 3D printing... order the original cover ( #8 on the last page ) use a bit of clay and modify the look. Scan is and print in ABS plastic. Worth a shot if you know some one and well the one set is cheap on E-bay. Think I have a new project hehe

I am sure we can get in on this and fund this project!

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
It's all about the dimensions, if the over all length is over 10" it will be to big for the 3D printer I can use. Going to see if VW parts guy or e-bay sell can measure for me. After that is mold to match the pictures and scan.

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
The SRS-Tec ones are glued on right? I haven't had a chance to remove my bumper to take a look, but, I'm confused as to where the "gluing" takes place.

They didn't come with installation instructions? I guess its simple enough to install without them, but SRS-Tec doesn't have any product photos off the car >:[

I'm actually thinking of getting the SRS-Tec ones anyway, the Emu's costs ~500 bucks before shipping etc lol. I'll figure something out with the fogs :s

also, you mentioned you bought yours from a company named "Wastegate"? mind posting a link to their site? Googling Wastegate was not very effective lol
I like the look of the Emu fog light shroud so I contacted them & I wanted to let everyone know the price for the fog light shroud ( Emu design) is now 320$ U.S. plus shipping if anyone is interessted : http://emus-eng.co.jp/product/golf6.html ,

Uamishka

Ready to race!
I got my shrouds few days ago. The shipping took about 5 weeks but that's what i expected. I exchanged few emails with the guys and they always responded promptly. The items were packed securely and came in with glue and installation instructions. As far as the shrouds go they needed some work. Took me few hours to make them look perfect by sanding, filling in the imperfections and priming. I have dropped them off at the shop and will be text fitting them and installing next thursday. Here are some pictures:

George11

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update, once I finish my car payments, I want to get this done.