GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sounds like new clutch time! Did you have one in mind? I've heard many good things about the HS Tuning RSR.

I just called my mechanic, he's recommending the clutch master fx350 (or 400). I've never done any research on clutches so I don't know anything about them. He's quoting me at about $1600-1700 for the kit + install, but that seems pretty fair.

I don't know that I'll ever go k04, so I really just want something that feels oem'ish, it's quiet, and can handle stage 2.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I just called my mechanic, he's recommending the clutch master fx350 (or 400). I've never done any research on clutches so I don't know anything about them. He's quoting me at about $1600-1700 for the kit + install, but that seems pretty fair.

I don't know that I'll ever go k04, so I really just want something that feels oem'ish, it's quiet, and can handle stage 2.

This should cover it, and keep you busy for a day or two ;)

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52407

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52388&page=5

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

HS Tuning is where you want to be, if that's your criteria.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65092

"I was surprised at how stock/OEM the clutch actually appeared. I didn’t notice any modifications or additions that caught my eye."

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

HS Tuning is where you want to be, if that's your criteria.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65092

"I was surprised at how stock/OEM the clutch actually appeared. I didn’t notice any modifications or additions that caught my eye."

Thanks for the links. I've spent the last 3 hours reading up on things. I think I'm leaning more towards the HS tuning kit than the fx350. I'd love to do a lw/smfw and get the performance gains from that, but if the fx350 ended up being noisy I feel like I'd probably hate the car for it. Plus I don't really like a couple of the other side effects I've read about. It seems like the HS tuning kit is just what I'm looking for.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the links. I've spent the last 3 hours reading up on things. I think I'm leaning more towards the HS tuning kit than the fx350. I'd love to do a lw/smfw and get the performance gains from that, but if the fx350 ended up being noisy I feel like I'd probably hate the car for it. Plus I don't really like a couple of the other side effects I've read about. It seems like the HS tuning kit is just what I'm looking for.

I would definitely recommend the RSR kit :thumbsup:

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

I would definitely recommend the RSR kit :thumbsup:

Not a problem :)

There are three guys in the Chicago thread that have the HS Tuning RSR, and they love it. I'm getting tuned in a couple weeks, which means that I will inevitably need a new clutch in the not-so-distant future. I'm glad I've done my reading far enough in advance, so I'm not scrambling for what to buy later :laugh:

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
RSR clutch kit ftw!

my stock clutch went the day i went stage 2 lol
RSR clutch has been on since, 2000+ miles and 2 track days and it's holding up great

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Wellll maybe I won't go with the RSR, idk...I just called my mechanic again and talked with him for about 15-20 minutes and got into organic materials vs kevlar, and the single mass flywheel vs the dual mass. Seems like they both have their own pros and cons. I need a night to think on it, and spend a little more time on research. I'd say it's a coin toss right now.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Wellll maybe I won't go with the RSR, idk...I just called my mechanic again and talked with him for about 15-20 minutes and got into organic materials vs kevlar, and the single mass flywheel vs the dual mass. Seems like they both have their own pros and cons. I need a night to think on it, and spend a little more time on research. I'd say it's a coin toss right now.

If you don't want a SMFW get the RSR. It is hands down the best option.

If you want a SMFW (and aren't going K04) I would tell you to get the Southbend Stage 2 Daily. I haven't really heard many good things about clutchmasters for our cars.

To me, single mass is the way to go. It's an actual upgrade and you can always resurface a single mass.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If you don't want a SMFW get the RSR. It is hands down the best option.

If you want a SMFW (and aren't going K04) I would tell you to get the Southbend Stage 2 Daily. I haven't really heard many good things about clutchmasters for our cars.

To me, single mass is the way to go. It's an actual upgrade and you can always resurface a single mass.

SMFW vs DMFW is probably gonna be my hardest decision. I like that the RSR is a safe bet with no additional noises and I haven't read a single bad thing about it from people that have installed it, but I'm a sucker for increased performance (faster revs/less rev hang). I think a lighter weight SMFW could be fun, but I dread the additional noises, but from what I'm reading/hearing it may not be as bad as I initially thought. Decisions... :mad0259:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
DMFW FTW... Fluidampr will have a new crank pulley to provide faster revs/less rev hang soon.

Aside from the RSR clutch there is a new RSR style clutching coming out that will address the difference in clutch disk and PP diameters and will offer a ceramic disc option as well. Think RSR with a possible better solution for longer term wear for similar to less pricing. The first few may even come with a SS clutch line as well....