GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need opinion on SouthBend stage 2 daily kit

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
My clutch has started slipping at 36k stock. I am about to bite the bullet on the SouthBend stage 2, but wanted to see how everyone else's SB stage 2 daily clutch is holding? Any advice or opinions are appreciated :)

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I just installed mine this past Saturday, I absolutely love it. Very little to none lash/chatter, and pedal feels so much better.

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed mine this past Saturday, I absolutely love it. Very little to none lash/chatter, and pedal feels so much better.

Dope! Can't wait to finally have a clutch that doesn't slip. Feels like my car is a honda civic at the moment lmao :lol:

nygti3491

Ready to race!
I've had about 30k on my clutch buster giac stage 2. It's been holding fine ever since I do recommend this clutch but have no experience with any other brands.

thebalkan

Passed Driver's Ed
30k on my SB Daily. Stage 2, no issues. Clutch feels even better once it wears in a bit. Love mine.

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
40k on mine. It's been flawless.

Typically there are 4-6 of these kits on the shelf at my work.

Last edited:

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
Just installed SB Stage 2 about 3 weeks ago. Slightly more noise than stock, but not anything as bad as I feared it would be. I am just at the end of my 1000 mile break-in and just started pushing it a bit more. So far so good and the pedal effort isn't much different than stock after a couple of hundred miles of break in. I added the ECS bleeder block and stainless line upgrades too which do allow for faster shifts.

BOBSGEN6

Passed Driver's Ed
15k on my SB Daily Stage 2. I installed the single mass flywheel too. No problems, revs fast and pulls hard. Noise is a non-issue. Pedal effort feels like stock. Get one.

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
I was on the fence betweer the SB Stage 2 Daily and RSR. I probably would have been happy with the RSR reading all the reviews others have posted, but I had some concern about the possibilty of a DMF failure as my gas pedal was developing a noticable vibration when I went into the throttle. Whatever that was, it is gone now.

The more time I spend with the SB Stage 2 Daily, the more I like it. Feels great, shifts great, and for me rev matching feels easier. Probably all placebo effect but I'll take it.

EuroMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Love my SB stage 2 daily. Handles the crazy TQ of the stock turbo on a custom E85 tune