GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Getting the update tonight.

Was thinking of getting launch limiter for shits and giggles but for 100$ on a stock turbo car that I'll never be launching... I think it is probably a waste of money.

Does anyone have any experience using NLS long term? How hard on the drivetrain is it?

I've had NLS since the first update, it definitely shifts faster but I'm scared to do it often, I would think it wears out the clutch faster but have no data to prove it. Fun to do every now and then though.

I also have the launch limiter, I don't use it often either but got it for shits and giggles too.

Uberryan

Banned
Strange... I just got code P013A which is an O2 sensor code. I tried to clear it and I suddenly have no APR tool functions. I can switch programming by using the control stalk, but I can't clear the code, or do any sort of security lock out/Throttle body alignment. Pretty sure I have a fully loaded ECU too, and that I could clear codes before using the control stalk on the same programming. This code oddly corresponds to what I consider being a bit more excessive fuel use.

Last edited:

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Strange... I just got code P013A which is an O2 sensor code. I tried to clear it and I suddenly have no APR tool functions. I can switch programming by using the control stalk, but I can't clear the code, or do any sort of security lock out/Throttle body alignment. Pretty sure I have a fully loaded ECU too, and that I could clear codes before using the control stalk on the same programming. This code oddly corresponds to what I consider being a bit more excessive fuel use.

Where is v2.5????!!!!

Uberryan

Banned
Apparently Code P2271 was stored in there too, but didn't appear on the p3 cars gauge read out. Might be an old code, or no longer being thrown. Either way, I cleared them and we'll see if they come back. I was wondering why my mileage tanked slightly. Maybe my pre-cat O2 sensor took a shit on me coincidentally. Who knows. Still find it usual that I don't have control stalk function to reset codes, etc.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Apparently Code P2271 was stored in there too, but didn't appear on the p3 cars gauge read out. Might be an old code, or no longer being thrown. Either way, I cleared them and we'll see if they come back. I was wondering why my mileage tanked slightly. Maybe my pre-cat O2 sensor took a shit on me coincidentally. Who knows. Still find it usual that I don't have control stalk function to reset codes, etc.

every time i see someone with APR stg2 lately i bring up this same kinda issue i was having on 2.1 and again on 2.3. i was getting horrible gas mileage and that code. assuming you have an o2 spacer on the post-cat, they must have changed the calibration so it takes that reading into account more because i was having the same issue and it was that i was spacing it too far out of the stream and it was looking for more so it was running really rich as a result. If its adjustable, try fiddling with it so it gets a little more exhaust on the sensor I bet youll get better gas mileage and itl run even better.

mine was also surging just a touch at the top of the rpms and that went away when i adjusted the o2 sensor as well.

Uberryan

Banned
I took the O2 sensor out, pre-cat and cleaned that off with some electronic parts cleaner. I don't believe my post-cat O2 has a spacer, but I'll double check. Might pull and clean that one too, but I didn't have this issue on 2.1. I thought they pretty much deleted the post-cat O2 sensor signal... no?

jalgs

Updated last Friday

Went from V2.0 Stage 1 to V2.4 93oct Stage 2. First impressions were great, car pulls much stronger, although winter tires aren't helping with traction... Taking off from a stop no longer had the revs jumping up and down as I slip the clutch (I would recommend getting the update just for that).

That being said immediately after the tune my CEL illuminated and I got the intake manifold code p2015. Scheduled service with VW and got manifold replaced under the extended warranty. Kinda strange the CEL popped up literally as I was leaving my tuner.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Wow.

This file is a massive improvement. Huge.

Going to do a full review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Wow.

This file is a massive improvement. Huge.

Going to do a full review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post in the Facebook group when you do

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Any changes from the Beta versions that remedied some common issues with the initial release (v2.0, i think?)

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Any changes from the Beta versions that remedied some common issues with the initial release (v2.0, i think?)

Huh?
2.4 has many changes, improvements and corrections from 2.0 that was worked through during beta testing and feedback. Most of these were listed by Apr in the 2.4 release posts.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Huh?
2.4 has many changes, improvements and corrections from 2.0 that was worked through during beta testing and feedback. Most of these were listed by Apr in the 2.4 release posts.

I meant from 2.2b or 2.3b or whatever those revisions were called