GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI's Days Are Officially Numbered?

mmmoose

Ready to race!
id love a fast hybrid GTI. If they can take what theyre doing at mclaren and start trickling it down to consumer level vehicles itl be awesome. Instant torque of an electric with the range of a petrol and tunability of a turbo? sign me the fuck up

Hybrid and sporty don't go together unless you spend A LOT of money on weight reduction (small 2-seater with everything carbon fiber, like said McLaren). The only hybrids you can get between the 20k-30k price range are heavy, slow, boring, and come with terrible LRR tires to achieve the target MPG figure. The added complexity of a hybrid system also means more headaches in long-term maintenance. Which is why a lot of performance-oriented manufacturers either go all gas or all electric.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Fuck that shit I'd forget to put the car on charge[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, wireless power has been a concept since Tesla. (Nikola, not Elon's company). Several current phones have the wireless charging pad. It's a matter of time before someone figures out how to super size that for your garage floor. That'd be cool. Please send me all royalties.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
id love a fast hybrid GTI. If they can take what theyre doing at mclaren and start trickling it down to consumer level vehicles itl be awesome. Instant torque of an electric with the range of a petrol and tunability of a turbo? sign me the fuck up

And those GTEs look pretty nice too. theyre not styled all wacky

IMO the only thing that looks "wacked up" are the wheels on the e-Golf.
Easy to fix that though.