GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Added some flare to the fog shrouds, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm enjoying that. That is perfect. Don't go hog wild with it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Forever_Dub_Club

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my color matched rear emblem from kliimotorwerkes today (CSG). Means this weekend I'm going to be re-painting my grill//rear emblem! Any tips for removing the spray paint from those parts without damaging the plastic? Oven cleaner seems to be the common trend... :fighting0030:

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Did some 40k mile service stuff:

- Oil + filter change
- Replaced spark plugs (doing this a bit early)
- Replaced fuel filter

VW actually did a nice job of making these maintenance items easy to complete. Engine feels smoother during pulls, I don't think it's just placebo. Going to attribute this to the new spark plugs because literally no dirt/contaminants poured out of the old fuel filter (yes I poured the right way) and I already know how the car feels with fresh oil. Just gotta do the DSG fluid next and hope to have pilot super sports installed within the next week or 2!

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Did some 40k mile service stuff:

- Oil + filter change
- Replaced spark plugs (doing this a bit early)
- Replaced fuel filter

VW actually did a nice job of making these maintenance items easy to complete. Engine feels smoother during pulls, I don't think it's just placebo. Going to attribute this to the new spark plugs because literally no dirt/contaminants poured out of the old fuel filter (yes I poured the right way) and I already know how the car feels with fresh oil. Just gotta do the DSG fluid next and hope to have pilot super sports installed within the next week or 2!

Was going to mention DSG fluid change. Definitely essential. Easy to do as well. Just need some specialty tools and vagcom.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Was going to mention DSG fluid change. Definitely essential. Easy to do as well. Just need some specialty tools and vagcom.
Don't even need vagcom just make sure you measure what comes out and put that much back in. Make sure new is same temp as old ie do it after it's been sitting overnight. I also used a $7 funnel and top filled vs $90 bottom fill specialty tool.

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Went from 17Z to TT-RS calipers w/ vagbremtechnic carriers for 340 MK7 R / 345 MK6 R rotors.

Next step: 340mm GTI Clubsport S 2 piece rotors

Last edited:

tonymk6

Ready to race!
Got my car back from the dealership after warranty work was done. Engine seals replaced and water pump replaced. While the intake manifold was off my service guy texted me pictures of the valves and they were pretty badly caked up at 67k miles. Said he could do the cleaning for $200 and of course jumped at that offer. Now the car feels so smooth and all the little quirks with misfires and rough idles are all gone. Will post pics of valves if people want to see.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Got my car back from the dealership after warranty work was done. Engine seals replaced and water pump replaced. While the intake manifold was off my service guy texted me pictures of the valves and they were pretty badly caked up at 67k miles. Said he could do the cleaning for $200 and of course jumped at that offer. Now the car feels so smooth and all the little quirks with misfires and rough idles are all gone. Will post pics of valves if people want to see.
I'd like to see before pics as well. I'm at 67k miles. What are your driving conditions? City/highway driving. Commute to work? Traffic? Do u track?

tonymk6

Ready to race!
$200 is a great price for a de-carboning. I'd like to see the before pictures.

Here are the pics. He couldn't get me after pics because they were slammed that day. He told me it was a chemical soaking then media blast with walnut shells. Valves are in order of the pictures. Cylinder 2 is probably the worse and caused me to get a CEL + EPC one morning.

Last edited: