GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI rear wiper blade

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
My rear wiper blade went bad and the rubber is hanging off of it, is this a special blade or just a regular blade I can get from autozone? Any idea what size too?

zrickety

The Fixer
I have never found the rear one locally...ECS tuning or the like.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Just search/google and get it off amazon...or order from dealer. Shouldn't be astronomically expensive. I believe it is a 13"

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

ahard48

Ready to race!

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I get the Bosch Icon 22OE, cut it in half and it works perfectly. I brought the old one into Walmart with me and after looking thru all the brands they had, these were the closest to 6mm wide. It was $17.97 which I know isn't the cheapest you can find them but I figure its not half bad considering I get two wiper blades for the price.

you can use small needle nose pliers to pull the caps off each end and a screwdriver to (gently) pry everything off piece by piece. Once you get the main piece off (the part that attaches to the cars wiper arm), everything pretty much falls apart and the blade falls out of it.

Its tough getting the new blade on once you get to the halfway point. If you straighten the arm out (the metal piece your sliding the blade into), its a little easier to slide it on. I would also suggest cutting the blade before you try sliding it on if you're taking the route I took.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I got my blade at advanced auto parts. Just gave them the vehicle and they told me the size and gave me the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I got my blade at advanced auto parts. Just gave them the vehicle and they told me the size and gave me the replacement.

The guys in advanced auto by me dont know shit. Gave me the wrong wipers for my girlfriends civic twice. Asked them about an exhaust clamps when I was doing my downpipe but they werent very knowledgable. I make sure I know part numbers and exactly what I need when I go to the chain stores.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I get the Bosch Icon 22OE, cut it in half and it works perfectly. I brought the old one into Walmart with me and after looking thru all the brands they had, these were the closest to 6mm wide. It was $17.97 which I know isn't the cheapest you can find them but I figure its not half bad considering I get two wiper blades for the price.

you can use small needle nose pliers to pull the caps off each end and a screwdriver to (gently) pry everything off piece by piece. Once you get the main piece off (the part that attaches to the cars wiper arm), everything pretty much falls apart and the blade falls out of it.

Its tough getting the new blade on once you get to the halfway point. If you straighten the arm out (the metal piece your sliding the blade into), its a little easier to slide it on. I would also suggest cutting the blade before you try sliding it on if you're taking the route I took.

Or ya know... could just buy an actual blade with no cutting or modification needed.....

slowgti08

Ready to race!
The guys in advanced auto by me dont know shit. Gave me the wrong wipers for my girlfriends civic twice. Asked them about an exhaust clamps when I was doing my downpipe but they werent very knowledgable. I make sure I know part numbers and exactly what I need when I go to the chain stores.

Yep I do the same. Usually go to their website with the part I’m looking for and keep the part number to make sure I’m given the right one.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Or ya know... could just buy an actual blade with no cutting or modification needed.....

Lol not a bad idea. For some reason i always get wiper blades that dont fit. I like to buy them in person. I guess I could go to VW and see what they have.