GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Think I'm done with the vw world

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Had the car since 2013, I've spent countless hours on issue after issue. Get one thing fixed, another issue always seems to come up. I used to enjoy working on these things, but I think the best way to go is to just spend thousands to get exactly what one wants, and the car just isn't it. Highly disappointed overall, but modding is sometimes just a problem on some cars maybe.

I've got a lot of good mods on the car, I'm not going through the hassle of parting it out, so if anyone is interested, feel free to pm me. Car has almost 47k and is good condition. K04 has less than 10k on in.

CHerna

Ready to race!
That sucks man. Sorry your car has given you so much grief.

This car is my second VW. I had a MK4 before, and honestly, I'm glad I did. That car taught me a lot. I knew what I was getting into jumping into this MK6.

Lucky for me, my MK6 has been great *knocks on wood*, with the exception of one hiccup that was covered by the CPO.

Hopefully the next car you buy isn't so much of a headache. Godspeed, OP

zrickety

The Fixer
Wow, aren't you still under warranty? 47k is nothing. What are you going to buy?
I'm curious, what kind of issues have you had? I've only done oil changes and replaced the radiator in 145k.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Wow, aren't you still under warranty? 47k is nothing. What are you going to buy?
I'm curious, what kind of issues have you had? I've only done oil changes and replaced the radiator in 145k.

Had consistent boost issues through multiple tunes, parts, etc. I don't want to throw hundreds of more dollars at the car to a shop. I know how to work on the car, but the problem is getting older, joint pains, etc

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
That sucks man. Sorry your car has given you so much grief.

This car is my second VW. I had a MK4 before, and honestly, I'm glad I did. That car taught me a lot. I knew what I was getting into jumping into this MK6.

Lucky for me, my MK6 has been great *knocks on wood*, with the exception of one hiccup that was covered by the CPO.

Hopefully the next car you buy isn't so much of a headache. Godspeed, OP

Kind of thought of a CPO S4, but no modding. I really like the car, and new there's not much out that interests me.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Kind of thought of a CPO S4, but no modding. I really like the car, and new there's not much out that interests me.
are you looking for a sports car/sedan or something more practical?
I only ask because ford is coming out with the new bronco soon and also making some diesel rangers etc which are starting to look rather appealing.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
are you looking for a sports car/sedan or something more practical?
I only ask because ford is coming out with the new bronco soon and also making some diesel rangers etc which are starting to look rather appealing.

We have a crv now, so I just want a sports sedan that's preferably AWD, and that I won't feel the need to mod.

CHerna

Ready to race!

Yeah man. The B8 S4 is a rock. Those have been pretty reliable from what I have seen.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Most cars are pretty reliable when not modded.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
We have a crv now, so I just want a sports sedan that's preferably AWD, and that I won't feel the need to mod.

Why not the new ALFA? (ive been watching a lot of The Grand Tour)
2018 GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO

500 horsepower, 450ftlbs, twin turbo v6, 3.8 0-60, 191mph

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Oddly enough, I am using some Wynn's decarbing foam, and pulling the temp sensor out makes the idle go up and air goes out, so I think the pcv is shot... which is no real surprise. No rough idle or anything.

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Why not the new ALFA? (ive been watching a lot of The Grand Tour)
2018 GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO

500 horsepower, 450ftlbs, twin turbo v6, 3.8 0-60, 191mph

LOL. Because Alfa, that's why.

lol "hey guys im looking for something both Italian and reliable" what should I get