GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 died at light

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Hate to say it...but that doesn't look that good. A little bit of shavings is one thing. Those are some decent sized chunks though.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Its hard to tell without some type of size comparison, but it looks like the broken off end of your pendulum mount.

Also, it may be the lighting/reflection of the photo, but some of that oil in your pan doesnt look like oil.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Thats afyer cleaning the plastic tray. Let me get a better pic. I had my chain done 3 months ago...

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Hard to say from that pic but I have a couple guesses. Not uncommon to have the screen in the cam bridge fail causing screen particles to clog up oil passages causing catastrophic failure of the balance shafts and other components leading to a shitload of metal shavings in the engine. Oil pressure light is usually a symptom too. Check out this pic of TSI balance shafts. That little part at the end of the left one looks very similar.....

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/balance-shaft-repair-set/06h198205n/

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
This may sound weird, but you should be able to see your cam bearing on the passenger's side of your cylinder head. See if there's a bunch of oil coming out of it.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Looks to me someone didnt tighten that bolt to spec it got loose and bolt fell out and something moving, timing chain maybe?? Ripped it right on off..low oil pressure light is still coming on. Could it be part of the tensioner?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Looks like it could be the peice right above the chain tensioner. There is a tab on there, possible the bolt wasnt? Is that piece taken off when doing chain?