GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
When my buddy bought a condo downtown, he was paying around that much. But it included a lot of things. When I totaled what I was spending per month with HOA + Utilities, it was almost what he was paying. IIRC his included a gym, cable tv, internet, pool, security, water, heat, and the usual common maintenance area stuff.

This. Mine includes cable/internet/gas/water/security/gym/parking garage maintenance/common area maintenance. The only thing I pay on top of this is electric.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion

I have never tried them, but I just bought these tires for $294 shipped, from Tire Rack, on Ebay, when Ebay was having 20% off everything sale. If they suck balls I still have two good extreme contacts in the garage, but less than $300, I had to bite.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Riken&tireModel=Raptor+ZR

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I have never tried them, but I just bought these tires for $294 shipped, from Tire Rack, on Ebay, when Ebay was having 20% off everything sale. If they suck balls I still have two good extreme contacts in the garage, but less than $300, I had to bite.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Riken&tireModel=Raptor+ZR

One of my friends with an abarth tried these, they were meh, but he got all 4 for less than $200 lolol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
craig tires are the most important thing you can spend money on especially if youre tracking the car like you are. Saving $100 here isn't worth it. Get something good

It’s true. Just looking at all the options. Will end up with falkens again probably lol. They just don’t last long, but damn they grip like crazy.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I didn't say that but usually you get what you pay for. Why take the chance on a no name tire when there are so many other options out there for tires that have been tested and reviewed for double duty track and street?

Yeah I get that. I guess it really comes down to what is more important to the person buying. I mean I don't think they will fail, but who knows how they will perform and last until you have tried them

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Tires are funny. You can usually get a better performing tires for less money than some of the more expensive brands that have a hyped up tire.

The last set I got were for the Jeep. The Cooper model was cheaper than the comparable Goodyears, BFGs, Toyo and Nittos. Side by side tests rated them higher in snow/off road and puncture resistance. Plus, they were one of the lightest ones out of the bunch. Plus they were $30/tire cheaper.

I did the truck last year. Went with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. New tire and super quiet. Aggressive tread was an absolute beast in the snow this year. They were cheaper than the comparable Toyo which everyone said was the best for HD trucks. In addition, they are dead silent where some people complain about the Toyo being loud after some miles.

I think for the R I went with the Kuhmos. They were almost identical to the PSS in compound and the reviews were very favorable. The cost savings was significant over the PSS.

It pays to do a little research. A quality tire doesn't need to be the most expensive tire.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
One of my friends with an abarth tried these, they were meh, but he got all 4 for less than $200 lolol.

If these don't make me poop my pants I'm going to be so mad. BUT if they do make me poop my pants I'm going to be mad I pooped my pants.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Alright it’s happening. Dude showed up to start clearing the brush before taking out the trees Saturday. I paid my deposit on the 28x22 3 door 3 bay with 10’ walls. We’ll lift the car up into the ceiling by removing a stringer and building a bulkhead. He has a structural engineer he will run it by to make sure it’s solid. I have to apply for a variance and that could take 2 months. He said county permits can be slow as balls as well, so no eta to build yet.

I will do a vapor barrier under the floor so I don’t get moisture in the winter when I heat it.

I’m pumped!

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Sup bois! Been insanely busy with the new job. Haven't really done much car shit lately :sadface: but soon....soon.

Also going to Colorado next week for some vacay time...HELL YEAH BROTHER :smoking:

How's everyone been? Still no 500pgs.... needs more shitposting. Quantity>Quality.JK

Status
Not open for further replies.