GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof Owners/Prospectors

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
use the sunroof almost every day, absolutely love it.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
use the sunroof almost every day, absolutely love it.

X2
Prior to my GTI, I haven't had a car with a sunroof in ten years or so.
I open mine up almost all the time.

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
Love my sunroof! I came from a 2dr Mk5 Rabbit which of course didnt have a sunroof, which sucked. A few of the older Audi's I owned had sunroofs and I loved them. They didnt leak but I had to adjust them a few times, no biggie.
The only gripe I have are that the sunroof controls/diagram isnt backlit, so it can be difficult to see at night if you wanted to close it (to verify where exactly closed is). Just a minor detail :) Other than that I use this thing everyday.

toomanykids

Sunroof's are great, rag tops are even better. I wish VW put the panoramic sunroof that is in the Tiguan on the GTI - that would be sweet. I'm looking forward to the Golf R Cabrio though. (Yes, real men drive Cabbies (I've had two)).

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I have used my sunroof on the mk6 daily for the past year and a half.

It was a must have for me as it lets air and light into such a dark cabin.
I wanted it as i like the fresh air it gives when tilted i nearly canclled my cars order when they said it may not have it it was such a must have item for me.

Rattle:
Sadly the past couple of months the sunroof blind has started to rattle when the grill part is pushed back so its behind the opening or when the roof is slid back.:(

I think maybe one or more of the anti-rattle foams may have moved or fallen off on mine due to so much use?
Sadly my dealer attempt at fixing it made it worse as they just adjusted something. :(

Below shows the roof tilted fullly and you looking towards the back of the car between the gap of the roof and glass sunroof
Im guessing the foam is is some sort of the anti-rattle blocks.
The one furthest back is hanging off.:( and im guessing maybe there should be one the same as that on the other side too?
Anyone here know the answer?

Last edited:

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of sunroofs...

Do any of you have experience adjusting the sunroof glass? There are three screws under the rubber accordion sides which can be loosened to adjust the flushness of the glass to the roof. Mine has some wind noise and I've been tinkering with the flushness to get rid of it. I know the front spec is flush down to 1mm below and the rear is flush to 1mm above. I just can't seem to get it perfect in terms of wind noise.

Graustark

Ready to race!
I have used my sunroof on the mk6 daily for the past year and a half.

It was a must have for me as it lets air and light into such a dark cabin.
I wanted it as i like the fresh air it gives when tilted i nearly canclled my cars order when they said it may not have it it was such a must have item for me.

Rattle:
Sadly the past couple of months the sunroof blind has started to rattle when the grill part is pushed back so its behind the opening or when the roof is slid back.:(

I think maybe one or more of the anti-rattle foams may have moved or fallen off on mine due to so much use?
Sadly my dealer attempt at fixing it made it worse as they just adjusted something. :(

Below shows the roof tilted fullly and you looking towards the back of the car between the gap of the roof and glass sunroof
Im guessing the foam is is some sort of the anti-rattle blocks.
The one furthest back is hanging off.:( and im guessing maybe there should be one the same as that on the other side too?
Anyone here know the answer?

I can't quite tell where that pic is from. Can you describe where that is a little better? I did in fact find one of those foam things (like the one on the left) just after I got my GTI. Didn't know where it came from so it lives in the glove box. I guess that's where it came from. I don't get a sunroof rattle though.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I can't quite tell where that pic is from. Can you describe where that is a little better? I did in fact find one of those foam things (like the one on the left) just after I got my GTI. Didn't know where it came from so it lives in the glove box. I guess that's where it came from. I don't get a sunroof rattle though.
Basically its above/on top of the sunblind.

Tilt the sunroof to its full tilt setting.
Push the sunroof blind right back.
kneel on your drivers seat facing the rear of the car
Rest the top of your head on the glass sunroof panel and look above were the sunblind is in the void in the roof space were the sunroof would slide back into if it was rolled back.
As you look towards the back of the car above the headlining/sunblind is were these foam blocks are.

There is a rear wind deflector at the back of the sunroof as shown on the photo. Above that is the bright light in my photo, thats the gap to the outside world.